jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does my rabbit throw his plate of food about

1. profile image49
    emineposted 7 years ago

Why does my rabbit throw his plate of food about

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Because it has never been taught not to play with its food.

3. profile image46
    leannecookieposted 7 years ago

if you are setting it right in front of his face it may mean that you are scaring him or surpising him. this is becuase rabbits can only see at each side of thier rather than the front as this is where the eyes are place. so you coulf try placing the food bowl further away from the rabbit so that it is in sight.
    on the other hand if this is not the issue it may be that your rabbit is bored and is looking for attention by throwing its food every where so you could try getting new toys and spending more time with your pet.

4. Bunny Friend profile image55
    Bunny Friendposted 6 years ago

Rabbits are very playful animals.  You could get a feed bowl that mounts securly to the cage and then give the rabbit some toys.  I use weebles wobble and canning jar lid rings, they love to toss them around. Things that rattle and ring seem to be enjoyed.  You can even make toys to hang from above.  Have fun.

5. bizgrrl profile image74
    bizgrrlposted 2 years ago

I had a rabbit do that and I think he was fussing about something. This could be he wanted out for exercise or something else. I think it's a rabbit's way of communicating its needs to its human.

working