Make Me a Picture, Write Me a Line - Photo Quotes
Quotes and Photography
I love collecting inspirational/motivational quotes especially one liners. I usually read them when I need some perking up. I started my collection a long time ago. I always keep a small notebook in my bag and would scribble something that catches my attention from books, billboards, posters, wrappers, movies, tv, from almost anywhere.
When I started my photography, I found that I have some photos that perfectly fit some quotes. So I started putting photos and quotes together and printed them as gifts to friends. My friends love them and even ask if I make cards out of these. Well, I have not yet made cards, but maybe I should start thinking about doing so since my friends ask for them anyway. Maybe I should think about going into some card business and give Hallmark a run for its money. Ha ha ha. Hmm... why not?
Anyway, here are a few quotes that I have scribbled on my photos.
We always encounter adversities in our lives. How do we deal with these? Do we let them pull us down or do we emerge as better persons because of them? Here are a few quotes that I have collected on this theme.
Motivational and inspirational quotes always talk of dreams and of believing they will come true. We must learn to trust and believe in ourselves and in a Supreme Being who guides us.
Here are two quotes.
- I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows... Erwin Drake - Irvin Graham, Jimmy Shirl, Al Stillman
- Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true –anonymous
It is said that God helps those who help themselves. So that means we have to actively take part in the making of our destiny. We have to take charge.
Here are a few quotes to inspire us along the way.
- Life isn’t waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain – anonymous
- If life is so blue then select another color from the rainbow – anonymous
- Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet – anonymous
- Don’t go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail – Ralph Waldo Emerson
On Making a Difference
It is only when we are able to make a difference in someone's life that we can say we have lived.
Take a look at these quotes.
- The world is a rose, smell it and pass it to your friends – Persian proverb
- In this life, we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love – Mother Teresa
Make A Difference
So those are some of the quotes I have added to my photos. Would you like to add some to my collection?
I have put all my photoquotes together in a blog which I update regularly. For your daily dose of inspiration, check this out: http://getinspired-photoquotes.blogspot.com/
More by this Author
The rose is always so beautiful and meaningful, it is no wonder that poets and songwriters have countless works about them. This hub talks about a bit of history as well as meaning of the rose.
Yellow is such a happy color, that's why it's my favorite color. Discover the meaning and importance of the color yellow in our life.
Have you ever dreamed of getting away from it all and finding your own island paradise where you can commune with nature all day and yet can have all the amenities of modern life anytime you choose to have them? ...