New Year's Resolutions - A creative twist
Any Time New Year's Resolutions
In my eyes, new year's resolutions can be looked at many ways. It has been a while since I diligently made any so last December I felt inspired to take a twist and try something new.
Rather than create very concrete goals I want to accomplish this year, I chose to focus on qualities in my life experience that I want to nurture and nourish through out the year. The inspiration I received happened to be while coloring with my kids!
Check them out and create some of your own; it's never too late to take the time to put your attention on what you DO want in life.
Benefits of getting playful with Resolutions
- Using creativity and art to bring your resolutions to life may actually help you achieve them
- Rather than make a list and stash it somewhere, put them up on the wall to remind yourself pleasantly of your intentions
- Sometimes we feel defeated if we don't "attain" our New Year's Resolutions, making them a little simpler and more fun can help us have a winning sensation when we realize it's "all in fun"!
Ideas for getting started
- Bring out some art supplies you would enjoy: crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, clay, anything! (If you feel like you're not really artistic just pick something that you would feel happy trying - this is for fun!)
- Think of what you are unhappy with in your life - okay, just stay there for a moment.
- Now that you've brought the unpleasantries to mind, think about what you want in your life - as specific or general as you like.
- If you like to, visualize for a moment what that would look like, feel like, dream a bit.
- Get started! Use your chosen art supply to make that dream come to life.
- This is not about perfection, but creating something that will bring you a reminder and joy when you look at or touch it.
Have fun and let me know if you try it!
About Rainbow Recognizer
Amy Phoenix is a gentle, yet direct parenting guide and healing facilitator dedicated to sharing insights and practices to transform frustration and anger, heal the past and nurture conscious relationships – to appreciate all aspects of life. Visit her at www.innatewholeness.com.
Related Hubs you may enjoy
- New Years & Resolutions
I am in search of the perfect New Year's resolution. I am not looking for anything fancy. I want a plain and simple one. My only criteria for it are: a. Simple. Nothing too complicated like go to level...
- New Year Resolutions for Parents
Whether you think you're a great parent, or not so much, there's room for improvement. New Year's may be the time to take a look at your parenting and resolve to improve. Give Yourself a Break The worst thing...
- Resolution or Personal Mission Statement?
I don't usually do the whole New Year's Resolution routine. I know it works for many people and there is a great feeling about having a fresh start, but I know from experience that resolutions usually don't...
More by this Author
Tired of being inside? So - I won't tell you to go out and ski or snow shoe, although those are likely very gratifying for those who have winter adventure in their soul. I'm just of a smaller build and I get too cold!...
Children are born knowing they are of value. When this knowledge is challenged, resistance is created. Adults can make the difference, by choosing the presence we bring to our interactions with them.
Sometimes, the vagina gets a bad name. This article sets the record straight with facts about the inherent beauty of this part of the female anatomy.