jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Starling a Handcrafted Jewelry Business Online

1. SuLetique profile image60
    SuLetiqueposted 7 years ago

Hi All,

About a month ago, I opened my online gallery of jewelry design, SuLetique Jewelry. I'm trying to find ways to get more traffic going through my website. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks smile

2. gamerjon profile image60
    gamerjonposted 7 years ago

They are a few questions you need to touch on. Like where is your customer base? Are you going to expand enormously on the business? If you are doing bid, I suggest you do a press release, you may get instant results.

3. Blogging Erika profile image80
    Blogging Erikaposted 6 years ago

It's a tough time for online craft sales!  Have you tried signing up with Etsy yet?  Etsy takes a cut obviously, but they have a HUGE volume of traffic there.

If you're set on going it alone, your best bet is the traditional route - crafts fairs + business cards.  Give your card to everyone!  You can get cheap/free business cards printed through vistaprint.com.

4. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

Write a hub about it. The process of setting up the business, how the products are crafted, how you decided to price them dang there are three topics right there to make a hub out of and oh so many more. Make sure to link your sight in your profile page too.

5. beadydani profile image60
    beadydaniposted 6 years ago

Forget Etsy, there are far too many people selling besides you will just flushing money down the drain. It is a very tough market out there, I have had my revamped and brand new site since spring. I read everything I could lay my hands regarding online business, made lots of changes but no one is buying.

Fairs are not a good idea either same reason as Etsy, sorry to put a downer on your question but you have to know the truth. I have stopped making jewellery for sale, I have now got bags of unsold jewellery which I am now going to give to charity.

Who knows you may be fortunate, don't give up but don't make anymore jewellery until you have sold the ones you have made, you don't want to end up like me.

Why not try social networks such as Facebook, if you make unusual jewellery you just may stand a chance. Once again sorry I couldn't be more postive.