Spam Alert: CareerBuilder - Job for you ID #1283811609
Spam Alert: CareerBuilder Job for you ID 1283811609
A new email has begun circulating
Please read carefully the attached information. Email such as this example are a thinly disguised attempt to exploit naive computer users. When enough emails of this type are sent out, the spammer will receive a few tentative responses. It's a "numbers game" : huge volumes of spam are sent out every day in the hope of deceiving just a few folks. Don't get ripped off.
Subject: CareerBuilder - Job for you ID #1283811609
Text: After reviewing your specified work inquiry from the Career Builder database, personnel office of our partnership decided to inform you that we have a seat for you in our house.
Our company, have a seat of Financial Supervisor that oblige skilled character to fit it.
The main active frame includes the direction of payments and bank transfers of our consumers from US. We maintain assistance with the business account opening in case you find disputes .
Considerable income rate can go up to 2 000.00 $ - 4 000.00 $ a week.
Main needs for the position:
*Computer skills : MS Word, E-mail
There is no affiliation fees.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Origin: IP Address 22.214.171.124, Brazil.
Threat Level: Email harvesting of respondents information for possible identity theft and additional spam generation by adding to more mailing lists.
Responding to the email will expose your contact information to the
spammer, which may or may not be legitimate. Any information revealed to the spammer may be used for identity theft.
- The entire message is replete with grammatical errors. The position title, referred to as "a seat of Financial Supervisor" is virtually nonsensical.
- The "From" email address, the "Reply To" email address, and the "Please apply to" address at the bottom of the text are all different, but are all variations on what appears to be the same person. Each address belongs to the Yahoo.com domain: anyone in the world can create addresses in this domain. No identifying information is required.
- CareerBuilder.com is a legitimate web site that would not send out messages with blatant misspellings and grammatical errors. Visit the CareerBuilder.com web site for legitimate job opportunities: do not expect the site to solicit you.
- The "To" address, email@example.com, has no meaning. This domain is an internet provider in Iowa. It is not affiliated with CareerBuilder.com.
- Completely delete the message.
not respond to the email. Never give out contact information, social
security number, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, or any other
personal information to an untrusted web site or email sender. Simply responding to the message (even responding nastily) confirms to the recipient that you actually exist. You will be added to more mailing lists.
- Never open attachments from untrusted senders or from untrusted web sites.
- Never forward any attachments from untrusted senders of from untrusted web sites.
More by this Author
Ever been to a NASCAR race? I thought not. Here are my top 10 reasons why NASCAR racing doesn't rock.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE5
A useful text editor is an essential component of any personal computer. Every day we need to make notes, compose documents, and record vital pieces of information. We depend on our text editor. Microsoft provided...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE12
Data Hiding is an aspect of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) that allows developers to protect private data and hide implementation details. In this tutorial we examine basic data hiding techniques in Java.