Time Management for students
Tips for students
Time management is commonly defined as the management of time in order to make the most out of it. What you really manage is your activity during time. Time management refers to all of the practices, principles and systems that one follow to make better use of their time.
Time management simply involves considering your obligations and making choices about how to use your time. Try using time management techniques to get organized. Both School and College students can maximize their time with these techniques.
Here are some tips:
- Use a school planner or calendar with space to record assignments, exams, project, etc.
- Take time to plan and organize. Take a few minutes every day to examine your calendar, note your upcoming assignments, and update your lists.
- Break large assignments and tasks into small manageable parts with realistic goals and deadlines. Make a list of all tasks required to complete a major assignment.
- For example, break a term paper into many smaller and more manageable tasks such as finding a topic, conducting literature searches, gathering articles and books, reading and taking notes, writing an outline, writing the first draft, and revising.
- Prioritize your tasks. Take the "big-picture" approach. Look over all that you need to complete and decide what's most important. Which assignment is due first? Which is the most difficult?
- Be flexible. While daily to-do lists are great for helping you to organize and prioritize, remember that there will always be interruptions and distractions. Try to allow time for them.
- Go with your flow. Are you a morning person? Or are you at your best at night? Plan your day accordingly. Save your most difficult work for the times when you're at your best.
- Learn to say "No." Sometimes we take on too much. Whether it's extra courses, or extracurricular activities, consider how important each is to you before agreeing.
- Make the most of waiting time. We waist lot of time on commuting, standing in lines, and waiting (e.g. doctors). Carry a small note notepad containing notes or short reading assignment or flash cards for studying. Or use the time to write in your planner and organize yourself.
More by this Author
Punarjani Guha is a natural tunnel which will be approximately150 meters long. It was in the Palakkad district of Kerala state. But now it comes under Trissur district. Punarjani Guha is located 2 kms from the...
Here's a detailed description of the history of the famous Kachamkurissi Temple of Kollengode, Palakkad of Kerala State of India.
old newspaper sheets internet glue internet acrylic paint and brush internet Materials required for the project: 1) Old newspaper sheets 2) Glue or white adhesive 3) Water 4) Acrylic paint (any color of your...
No comments yet.