Top 10 Hot Jobs for Buckeyes
Buckeye, Arizona experienced the fastest rate of population growth in the USA for 2009, tying with two other cities: Lincoln CA and Spring Hill TN. This growth rate was 10% over 2008’s population rise. Buckeye is the quickest growing city in the state bin 2010 by virtue of its status as a near-suburb of Phoenix, 35 miles west of the big city, and its implementation of projects for new commercial districts and industrial parks, a proactive economic development organization, and an active plan-centered Chamber of Commerce.
August 2008 – March 2010: Job Listings Increased Over 300%
Famous Resident - Upton Sinclair
Local Hot Jobs in Buckeye, Arizona - Pheonix Market
2nd QTR 2010: SimplyHired.Com showed 21,000+ jobs within 25 miles of city center.
- Marketing Specialists
- Physical Therapists
- RN (Registered Nurses) – ICU; ER; Clinical Coordinators; Charge Nurses; Post Surgical/Ortho
- Occupational Therapists
- Sales Representatives
- SONIC – crew and staff
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Customer Service Representatives
- Manufacturing Jobs
Additional High Demand Job Titles
- Account Executives
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Speech Language Pathologists or SLP
- Radiation Oncologists
- Technical Architects and Leads – IT Industry
- Directors and Assistant Directors in Rehabilitation
- Faculty Physicians – University/College
- Administrative Assistants
- Store Managers
- Post-Doctoral Fellows – University/College
- Teachers – public schools and daycare facilities
- Jobs listed included a preponderance of salaries between $30,000 - $65,000.
- Approximately 50% of these jobs require 2-7 years of prior experience, but about 1/3 require only 0-2 years.
- All require a High School Diploma and a large percentage require "some college", up to Bachelor's Degree.
Fortune 500 Companies Hiring Locally
- IBM - IT
- Intel - IT
- JPMorgan Chase - Finance
- American Express - Finance
- Marriott - Hotel, dining, entertainment
- General Dynamics - IT
- Safeway - Grocery
- Staples - Office supplies and furniture.
- Wells Fargo - Finance
- Home Depot - Home and Garden DIY, appliances, etc.
- Bank of America - Finance
- CIGNA - Finance
- Waste Management - Waste and recylcing
- Goodrich - Fomerly rubber, auto/truck; now aerospace, defense, and homeland security products.
- Charles Schwab - Investment, finance
- Petsmart - Animals and supplies
- UnitedHealth Group - Insurance, finance
- First American - Finance
- HP - IT
- Humana - Health
Top Buckeye Employers
Top hiring employers for this particular market area are located in and near Buckeye and largely in Glendale, Sun City, Goodyear, Peoria, Sun City West, Surprise, Avondale, and Phoenix. Major employers listing large numbers of jobs include:
- Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
- Banner Health and Banner Boswell Medical Center
- Abrazo Health Care Systems
- JPMorgan Chase
- St. Joseph's Hospital/Medical Center
- US Air Force
- Universal Technical Institute – Higher Education
- American Express
- Catholic Healthcare West
- Phoenix Baptist Hospital
- CDI – IT Industry
- West Valley Hospital
- John C. Lincoln Healthcare Network
- PizzaHut and Kentucky Fried Chicken - crew and management.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc.
- Protouch Staffing, Inc.
- Blockbuster Inc. - Full- and part-time jobs.
A Town Built on Health and Transportation
The Town of Buckeye began as a small settlement in 1877 with 9 men and women and 10 children from Iowa. Author and activist Upton Sinclair was born a year later in Maryland and lived in Buckeye near the end of his life.
The group's organizer was Thomas Clanton, who moved west to develop a community of good health. He was successful, for the nonprofit Banner Health headquartered in the area later, sering millions of people since its opening and spreading up to Alaska.
In addition, the Buckey Valley around the settlement soon profitted from the Buckeye Canal construction, named after its equivalent back in Ohio, where other settlers had lived. One of Teddy Roosevelt's future Rough Riders planned out the larger town and began it's building in 1888, aided by the canal. The railroads came through in 1910 to further prosper Buckeye.
Since 1935, Buckeye has celebrated a yearly festival they called Helzapoppin Days. Today they call it Pioneer Days, though. Countryfest and Fourth of July are also popular.
Banner Healthcare System
Across the American Southwest and up through the US to Alaska, Banner Health upholds a Company Mission to as a nonprofit to provide excellent patient care to 1,000s. Headquartered in Phoenix, Banner is one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the nation and the Number One hospital services provider in each of its cities. The western Banner Region also serves rural areas, often as the only in-patient facility in the area. Emergency and Medical services are top drawer throughout the organization as well.
Specialty Departments: heart care, cancer, pediatric care, high-order multiple births, organ transplants, level 1 trauma, rehabilitation services, behavioral health; relevant current research in vital areas of national and global importance.
- Banner Sun Health Research Institute: In Sun City, Ariz.
- Banner Alzheimer’s Institute
- Continuous improvement in patient outcomes
- Ongoing service development
- Professional development and consistent training for a motivated workforce
- Newest innovative technologies
- Facility and services expansion 2010 - 2020
Over 35,000 diverse employees. Arizona’s second largest private employer
CEO: Mr. Peter S. Fine, since November of 2000; HQ in Phoenix
Colleges and Universities
- Anthem Education Group - Local career colleges
- Apollo College - Phoenix
- Brookline College - Phoenix AZ
- Buckeye Fire Department/Glendale Community College Training Tower
- DeVry University
- Estrella Mountain Community College - Avondale AZ
- Everest College
- Grand Canyon University - Phoenix AZ
- St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center - Teaching hospital.
- Universal Technical Institute (UTI) - Avondale and Phoenix AZ
The Town of Buckeye plans ongoing environmental and sustainability projects to good results. It has become part of the US Mayors' Climate Protection Agreement towns and cities. It is an official Tree City USA as well.
Buckeye encourages Greeen Building and Recycling. Another measure taken was to increase government operating opers yo 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM, but just 4 days a week in order to save energy in transportation and office costs. Every week has a 3-day weekend.
More by this Author
Sustainability jobs are becoming more popular and greater in number around the United States. This should make for a brighter economic growth and a healthier country. Some of these jobs are fun, too!
If you watch CSI and CSI Miami on television, you are watching criminology at work. Criminology is an important science in the field of sociology that can help prevent future crimes and help prisons become...
Which phrase is correct in proper English grammar–"in person" or "in-person"? Is it an adjective or an adverb? The answer depends on context.