jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Social Media Meteoric Rise or Addictive Fad?

1. tinmannewmedialtd profile image60
    tinmannewmedialtdposted 4 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6928317_f248.jpg
    It has only been a matter of a few years since we all gained the first baptism of fire regarding Social Media but already we have embraced the faith and joined the Digital Revolution that is socializing online.  Getting things heard is so easy now-a-days but as a business, do you feel that you are able to quantify the return on your time spent, blogging, posting, commenting and uploading into a sustainable revenue stream? - Time for a change....or time spent offline is more profitable? - What are your thoughts?

1. Lipnancy profile image94
      Lipnancyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know exactly what you are saying. But I have to say that it is worth it only if you are doing the right things. Let's take the Facebook example... if your Facebook account only has 50 people made up of only friends and family. Then no it is not worth your time. But if you are interacting with 5000 business minded people on Facebook, Then you will see some power with it. And your business is always running 24-hours without you. So if you go digital Go big! I can honestly say that I make 7 times what I did working in a brick and mortar business.

tinmannewmedialtdposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree Lipnancy in that when jumping into Social Media you need to concentrate a high level of effort in compiling various posts and comments and if possible creating graphics either yourself or via a service provider to assist in bringing your business alive.  As they say a picture speaks a 1000 words!  Social Media Marketing is indeed an integral part of the business plan in today's society and this will only increase as sites diversify to more relevant trade sector types.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

All my social media endeavours have pretty much been a total waste of time for me. However, when I'm suitably bored, I'll do it anyway. big_smile

It's great to see that you are honest with yourself there Paradigmsearch.  My thoughts are that Social Media Marketing is a world of potential for any business large or small, from any diverse background.  It is all about finding what works for you.  Could I ask what types of sites you have joined/created accounts for? - I feel that the quality and quantity of the information you post online is equally important but it's not about spamming everyone who adds you as a friend or chooses to follow you, it's all about networking.  Try contacting friends/followers etc on your profiles and see if there is any mutual business that can be done, after all no-one wants to be sold to so if your business requires a service that one of your contacts from your social profile provides, perhaps suggest a mutually beneficial conversation to be had there?

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

As of this post

"twitter is currently down for <%= reason %>."

I like the geeky reference and see your point.  Twitter is a large part of Social Media due to it's very nature as a micro blog.  I would suggest sites for you like Technorati and Mashable for getting into groups that speak your language.

working