jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Investing in Options

1. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

Does anybody here actively invest in options like I do?  Just wondering if there are like minds to start some discussion.  Thanks.

2. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Trade options? Attractive but too risky. Options will explode faster than propane.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

I Invest in Property Optons which are far less volitile than pork bellies etc.  If you have the right research tools and historicals and put in the time, then you can do exceptionally well in general commodities. Maintain a good exit strategy also.

4. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

Risk is a matter of how you use options and the education that is associated with the trader.  It would be risky for me to fly a plane since I am uneducated, have no experience flying and no license.  However, my neighbor is a commercial pilot and for him to fly a plane is much less risky.  There is some risk but it is identifiable and much reduced.

I use equity options on individual stocks to hedge my portfolio both retirement and taxable.  Many of my co-workers lost 40-50% of their retirement accounts with "professional" advisors.  I was down 18%.  The more I am learning, the more experience I gain, the better my results are getting.

With education and experience, the risk can be mitigated.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Totally agree - You Go Guy!

1. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this
  5. Christenstock profile image74
    Christenstockposted 7 years ago

I hold some contracts, some puts mostly, but stock trading the down and dirty big boards is the one for me.

6. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

I mainly use options for hedging my stock positions.

working