jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Job Interviews

1. Zynel profile image59
    Zynelposted 5 years ago

How do you  ace a Job Interview and secure the Job? I think there is alot of people out there who would love some help in this department, so my hub family dish those great advice!

1. 0
      Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The only very valuable lesson I have learnt from attending job interviews, is not to turn up naked, because it doesn't go down very well.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that goes without saying

Although that could be a separate reason right there.  Was the interview longer than four hours?  If so, I hope you were interviewing with a doctor.

1. 0
          Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, there was a doctor at the interview strangely enough.  I got the job and was given my very own office, which had been decorated with unusual padded walls, which I had all to myself.

2. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

only one way

1. 0
        mtsi1098posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree...just be yourself... listen and discuss what you can bring to the table

2. sassyk73 profile image79
    sassyk73posted 5 years ago

One good thing is to do your homework on the company before you go. Make sure you have good eye contact. Make sure you dress for success
    Even if its a casual company always dress better than the dress code. Your appearance is also a deciding factor. If you haven't interviewed in a while, there are a lot of places that do mock interviews so you can get your practice in. Know your work history. Have extra copies of your resume. Have samples of your work available if appropriate. Get letters of recommendation or awards you received for above and beyond duties that are related to your skils. Know your skills.

Think of ways to sell yourself. You are your product....let them know how you can benefit their company. Don't bad mouth your previous employer.

When they ask if you have any questions...here is your time to obtain info. Have a list.  A question I ask is why do you think this is a good company to work for? Ask about their merit system for promotions. Ask how long have they been there and what position did they have when they first started with the company. Ask about how the company contributes to the community. I hope this helps a little.  Good luck to you smile

3. Crisp  Curls profile image60
    Crisp Curlsposted 5 years ago

Should you take an of there offering's? & also. why do they ask questions about what you would do if you would work for there company. How does this convey to they interview itself. Where suppose to be getting information about one another not about the dew's and don's . Correct?>