jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

The Key To Getting Sales From Your Amazon Links

1. 0
    Go Writerposted 4 years ago

I found this great article on Squid Log by an author who's had great success with her Amazon sales and has tracked them. She explains the key to Amazon sales very clearly. Here's the article: http://squidlog.net/blog/writing-for-pr … th-amazon/

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I didn't find it so great.  Basically, she seems to be saying the key to making Amazon sales is to get traffic, which is news to no one.  Nor do I find a conversion rate of 4% to be good; I haven't fallen that low since the first quarter after I started writing and I'm certainly no expert in Amazon sales.

2. Rising Caren profile image80
    Rising Carenposted 4 years ago

That post didn't really talk about the 'key' to getting amazon sales. It just talks about how, if you're already getting sales, having even more traffic should result in more sales.

I know people on squidoo that get loads of traffic and almost no sales, because traffic itself isn't enough for sales. The article (lens or hub or whatever else) needs to invite the reader to buy. This means articles that:

- review a product
    - defines the best products in a category
    - compares products

In other words, articles that are meant for people that are looking to buy stuff and just want a nudge in the right direction. These people have "open wallets".

Now once you have an article that is able to entice people with their "open wallets", THEN more traffic = more sales.

Knowing your demographic can also help open up closed wallets if you can think of something related they'd DEFINITELY want to consider buying.

I've known people with AMAZING articles about how to do something or about its history and then they'd have books on their articles. No one bought them because  the demographic they were targeting were online searchers, who may just want to have an idea of a topic, not necessarily to actually read a whole book about it.

Let's take an example: an article about whaling history. Now chances are my reader won't want to buy a book, but he/she might be an animal lover. Therefore, token items (keychains, plushies, and other cheap stuff under 15$) about whales are still possible ways to open up their closed wallets. Still, it won't be quite as effective as making an article on the "best whale plushies", for example (assuming equal ranking and traffic capabilities).

To summarize:

1 - target "open wallet" demographic using a purchase-appealing type of article
    2 - if closed wallet, consider ways to get at least some of the traffic to want to buy stuff they would HONESTLY be interested in
    3 - Write quality article based on selected topic, demographic, and extra open-wallet items
    4 - then, more traffic = more sales. So find ways to increase traffic.

Anyone who squidoos (which has less strict amazon rules than HP) would tell you the same. It's pretty wellknown stuff.

3. 0
    Go Writerposted 4 years ago

This is great information. Please share your thoughts and experience. It helps everyone out.