jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a mimimum or maximum requirement for hub content?

1. Jeannette-J profile image60
    Jeannette-Jposted 4 years ago

I believe I read something on the hubpages page on Monster that indicated a minimum text requirement but I'm having trouble locating any information on such requirements in the learning center.

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages. smile

I strive to have a minimum of 500 words and upwards.  However, as mentioned above, I do have some poems that are less, or were less, until I added a text body giving more information about the poem, its meaning and what it means to me, etc.  That has brought the word count up to the 500 plus words on most of them I do believe.

Overall, I would like to see my minimum go up to 750 as those hubs with that amount of words do well for me.  As for the maximum, well, I would not go to far as you don't want your reader to become bored.  One option to be sure not to do that is to take an extremely long article and break it up into several shorter articles, placing them in the same group and then you can link to them in each one as well, as long as they are related in material.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile It is suggested a minimum of 350 - 500 but then there are poetry posts with less. It all depends on your topic and if interested, will be no problem to write up about it. Just try to answer the what, where, when, etc. in point form then make paragraphs wink sprinkle with keywords, make it interesting, compelling and worthy of sharing. big_smile  Oh, can't forget, have fun wink

1. Jeannette-J profile image60
      Jeannette-Jposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!

3. Jeannette-J profile image60
    Jeannette-Jposted 4 years ago

Thank you for the information!