Determining the Christmas Season Market Place & a Seasonal Hub

1. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

At RetailDigital - Global Portal for Retailers  Shukti Sarma's article on 16 Sep 2012 states at their Consumer Trend section, "Retailers Plan for Christmas Shopping - Have to Lure back the Discretionary Shopper." Her article sums up with the following paragraph:

"The American shopper has a lot on her mind this year- the pending elections, rising unemployment and a recessionary situation. Shopper Trak recently released a report that said that spending is expected to be lower than last year. Sales are estimated to rise 3.3% during the last two months of the year, as compared to last year’s 3.7%."

Their are other supporting articles available such as the National Retail Federation Holiday FAQ supporting her view.

We Hubbers may or may not know about the pending status and the time it takes for that process

We Hubbers may or may not know how long it takes for a hub to be indexed at Google

We Hubbers may or may not  know how long it takes for a hub to climb an index

We Hubbers may or may not know "if" a hub preceded with a video is indexed higher

Personal Research indicates generally a Video is displayed at the Google search as an image and others images are not. (Again Generally)

Retailers are dumping old stock today and both eBay and Amazon are retailers

What advice do you have from past experience when a Christmas Season Hub should be created?

2. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Personally I will be beginning on Sunday with my next Hub. I will be changing my ads for Amazon & eBay at my most popular hubs too for the season. A note. I will not be able to respond to any replies or comments until then. Remember to smile and have fun, fun, fun.

3. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

All I can say about the upcoming Christmas season is that here in Riga, Latvia it is an entirely different world. We have lovely Christmas decorations in the city but prices are way up. There is never anything of worth to buy and all way too expensive. If anything is of worth to buy it may be the difference between Christmas dinner or the gift. My husband and I do the following. I make a great big Christmas Eve dinner which we have around 10PM. Than at 12 midnight when Christmas Day arrives we remember why we are actually celebrating, read a passage from the Bible and tell each other I love you. We have a small decorated tree and we enjoy Christmas just the same.