jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Can´t Start a New Hub

1. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

Hello,

Since yesterday I've been trying to start a new hub. No matter what title I choose, the system says that title has already been used. Then I get a dialogue box that says, "We´re sorry, but there seems to be something very wrong with our servers."

I thought maybe if I gave it another day it might clear up on its own, but it's the same thing all over again today. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
    Vespa

1. 0
      KDuBarry03posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmm... if you tried different browsers and you are still getting the same message, then I think it may be the system itself. Sometimes, something goes wrong and we can't do anything about it! Perhaps you could try writing a title that has the maximum cap of 65 characters, then go ahead and write it then change the title?

vespawoolfposted 4 years ago in reply to this

KDuBarry, that's a good idea. I'll try. It's just not always the most search-engine friendly. But with the way things have been lately, I don't know if that matters!

2. Ericdierker profile image80
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am having getting photos up and into new hubs. it works Ok from my photos. I switched to IE and could get them up. I think they could do a little better in letting users, help them identify problems.

Good to know. I'm going to try again today. We'll see what happens!

3. BakingBread-101 profile image60
      BakingBread-101posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is frustrating.  I FINALLY wrote another hub called My Virgin Escapade in Soapmaking and supposedly published it, but I can't believe it hasn't had a single "viewing" or "comment" and it supposedly was published 6 days ago.  I published it 2 days ago.  Something definitely seems wrong with the system.

I'm sorry to hear that! I'll go over and take a look at it now.

2. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

I would first try using another browser...  That often solves these issues for me.

Good idea. I hadn't thought of doing that.

I tried both Microsoft Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and receive the same error message.

3. moonlake profile image87
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

I think there is something strange going on here. I did get my hub on yesterday but today things just seem a little off. Traffic is the worst I have seen it. I know that has nothing to do with starting a hub but I wonder if the site is not working very well for lots of people unable to get on.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone is scrambling to get the problems fixed and that's affecting the site's performance.

Hello Everyone,

First of all, thank you for all the helpful suggestions. Today I used IE and was able to start the new hub! So I'm relieved. I hope to get it polished and publish it today.

I wish you all the best.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Keep us informed, Vespa - I haven't tried to starts new hub in a few days, so I hadn't heard about this glitch.  Did you report it to tech support?  (Sorry if I missed that and it's mentioned here.). They are always responsive; sometimes it takes a day or two, but they do look into everything.

Hi Marcy!
      I didn't send an email to tech support. I thought they monitored this forum, so I just started a thread. But since I received so much helpful advice, it all worked out in the end. I will report it if I continue to have problems. I'm just happy to finally get my new hub started!

Thank you for your support, Marcy, and I look forward to reading more of your hubs!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm so glad it worked its way out for you!  I don't know how monitored this thread is, but if you feel there are details to what you experienced (and the solution) that aren't mentioned here, they'd probably like the Informatiin. 

I look forward to your hubs, too!  And I am so envious that you're able to live in that beautiful country!  I love your recipe and cooking hubs!

Peru is a beautiful country! I try to reflect at least some of that in my recipes. I'm glad you enjoy them! It keeps me going to hear that. :   )

I really admire all your personal, publishing and professional credentials. You're writing is lovely and I look forward to reading more!

working