jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Google Authorship Question

1. NotPC profile image61
    NotPCposted 4 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7676398_f248.jpg
    What is the proper way to include the link to my Google+ Account on my hubs? I'm all signed up and my picture is showing up in Google searches, I just wanted to see if there was a correct/incorrect way to do this. I want to do it correctly and make sure I'm following all the HubPages rules!

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Add a link to your Google+ Profile under the "Links" section of My Account > Profile > Edit Profile: http://hubpages.com/my/profile/profile smile

1. NotPC profile image61
        NotPCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh I've definitely done this already, but from my understanding of Google Authorship, you have to verify that you are the author in 3 places: the main page, each page you are the author of, and also you have to include a link to each article on Google+.

1. ChrisNaish profile image61
          ChrisNaishposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe you have to include a link to each article on Google+, just to the actual domain.

I have authorship set up for my website and all I do is link to the actual main domain name page and my authorship shows up for many of my posts.

It's never a sure thing that your image will show up next to all of your search results in Googles search results however, they just do it when it pleases them I think. lol

1. NotPC profile image61

Oh ya, my image has been showing up but the HubPages staff was getting on my case for having unrelated links on all my pages lol. I removed all the links and used the little tool thing and my authorship is still verified. All those steps get confusing sometimes!

2. NotPC profile image61

BTW, thanks for the response Simone. You were leading me in the right direction and I totally misunderstood you ;p

working