jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Popup Ad

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Just saw a pink, white, blue-writing Voicefive popup ad.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Apparently, HP is not alone...

From cnet: "How do I get rid of the pop up from hell? Voicefive?"

1. PhoenixV profile image80
      PhoenixVposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a virus/malware/spyware. More your computer than any site.

3. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

We'll look into it! Could be a rogue ad we need to find and take down. Thanks for pointing this out!

4. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
    Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago

What page did you see it on, paradigmsearch? The VoiceFive surveys are cookie targeted (served via Google AdSense) and you can opt out of them directly from their privacy page.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Adsense does popups? Those rascals...  I shall make no further comment...

The page where this nefarious deed occurred has faded into distant memory. I'm not concerned, just thought you guys would want to know.

Hopefully others will post, confirming; and be more coordinated than I am, and will remember the location.

Come to think of it, you said survey. I didn't realize. If this was another HP initiated survey, then I shouldn't have bothered you. If that is the case, I am slinking away as you read this... smile big_smile smile

1. agilitymach profile image98
        agilitymachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just got a pop up ad too.  It was on my hub titled "Grandma's Heirloom Northern Chili with Egg Noodles: Easy and Under-30-Minutes"

While I know which page it was on, I do not remember the ad's content.  It WAS pink, white and blue with a shoe (high heel, I believe) on it.  I clicked it away in disgust and came to the forums to see if anyone else had pop up ads.  I'm super glad to see this is not a new Hubpages deal. big_smile

working