Something to say about adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (44 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Renaissance-Manposted 10 years ago

So i just got adsense approval.  I always see people posting and asking how long did it take them and how many hubs to get in.  I can say this i only have 14 hubs, which hub-pages says you need at least 10.  However i found that i had to wait at least about a month before i could get approval.  I had stopped posting for a while and i deiced to take down all my hubs while i figure out what i want to do.  Last night i decided to re post all my hubs, did so and applied and got in.  I think its not really about how many hubs you have ( i do suggest you get 10) but how long you have been here.

just my 2 cents.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good job! It's really hit and miss based on so many variables. smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is nice, congrats!

2. Rich W2K profile image83
    Rich W2Kposted 10 years ago

I have to agree with you there Renaissance-Man. I applied quite a few times in my first month and got a big fat no for insufficient content but I reckon it was simply a matter of waiting until after the first month and with at least 10 hubs as you say. I had 28 hubs at that time and had been here 35 days. I suggest applying after 30 days.

1. wowtgp profile image61
      wowtgpposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I applied for AdSense through YouTube with no content at all and to my amazement they approved me within one hour.

You've been approved for a limited Adsense account (starts with ca-pub instead of just pub) which is a lot easier to get through linked Google businesses (Blogger, Youtube etc.)

If you wish to use it on your own personal domains, you'll need to submit a website for consideration and approval. smile

1. NateB11 profile image88
          NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm very curious how that works. I just started a website about a month and a half ago, still working on it; I eventually want to monetize it. Do you just use the limited account but submit the new website to that account and they give you a new code if it's approved?

Does your account have "ca" in front of the pub? If so, yes, you'll need to submit your website. If it's simply "pub" then you don't need any further approval.

1. paiva25 profile image78
              paiva25posted 10 years agoin reply to this

On HP it shows as ca whereas on Adsense it shows as just pub.
              Does that make it a ca account?

As long as it says "pub" only on your Adsense account, you should be able to use it across all websites smile

Thanks smile

2. wowtgp profile image61

I think my AdSense account has been partially approved, because my account has "ca" in front of "pub".

2. NateB11 profile image88
              NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I didn't even know I have the pub, not the ca pub, so looks like I'm okay. Just checked it.

3. rebthomas profile image80
    rebthomasposted 10 years ago

I agree that it is a matter of time.  I was approved after 6 weeks, although I waited for a few weeks after the initial rejection.  It is a matter of time plus the amount of quality hubs. (at least 10).  Three weeks and 18 featured hubs was rejected just for the time factor.

4. paiva25 profile image78
    paiva25posted 10 years ago

Just got rejected again today sad 20 hubs, 25k+ views and just completed 3 months.
    Any tips?

I can understand how infuriating is it to get rejected repeatedly. They have very strict rules for us Indians according to which you need to complete six months before applying for AdSense.  Email me bro. I will tell you what to do.

Oh I see you have been approved. Congrats.

5. profile image0
    dashingmeposted 10 years ago

Mine still on partial review and I keep trying to add my hubs. I think I applied when I have 12 hubs only. Im still waiting and hopping to get approved.

6. paiva25 profile image78
    paiva25posted 10 years ago

Just got approved through YouTube within an hour big_smile even though I got declined through HP this morning tongue

You too:)

1. agapsikap profile image61
        agapsikapposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Would you be so kind to help? I've got mine disapproved. I already had a youtube channel. Two weeks ago I tried to apply adsense unfortunately I had no luck.

2. Jasmeetk profile image79
      Jasmeetkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@Paiva If you don't mind can you tell me how many videos you had uploaded on youtube before applying? Also, How many viewers and other stats?

Zero..

7. profile image0

@ paiva25 I also try to monetize my youtube after I click it just approved:) but I think  this wont affect to our hub to get approved. They are on different site.

It's showing as active on HubPages..
      After monetizing you gotta apply for Adsense.

1. profile image0
        dashingmeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes your RIGHT!. but still I can't believe Im amaze.

Haha..same here..after struggling for so long, to know that it was actually so simple big_smile

8. Bedbugabscond profile image92
    Bedbugabscondposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! I am so pleased to hear an adsense application success story! I hope others will be as patient as you have been!

9. profile image0
    Anonymous00posted 10 years ago

Write 10 for a start and let them mature. Develop some tenure and apply.

10. Angie Martin profile image59
    Angie Martinposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! It took me 30 hubs and five weeks to get approved. I also received the Insufficient Content response. I tried several times after 10 hubs (as HP recommends), but it didn't work. I did apply right at four weeks, but still got denied. Five weeks was the magic number for me. I had also considered doing what you did, I didn't know if I was wasting my time since I wasn't getting approved. When the approval came, however, it was the best feeling, so I'm glad I didn't go to the lengths of taking down the hubs and reposting them.

I do agree with you that the approval process relies more on how long you have been active and less on how many hubs. That's not to say you can write two hubs and wait it out a month and get approved, but I think if you wait at least four weeks and have ten hubs you can get approved. It would be nice if someone can truly track down the exact magic numbers with regards to number of hubs and length of time on HP. It would be so helpful for the newbies not to waste time trying until they hit those numbers.

Length of time depends on your location.
      I got rejected with HubPages after having 20 hubs (most over 1k+ words) and being here for 3 months.
      Got approved from Youtube without having any content, just that my account was a year old.

11. shielamaeparreno profile image64
    shielamaeparrenoposted 10 years ago

The status on my Google Adsense (Earnings page) says "Association Disabled by You or by Google for TOS Violation".. I did nothing though, at least not that I know of..Got rejected twice for insufficient content and figured to just let it go for now and wait til after a month..

Does the statement mean I'm forever banned? coz I've read it somewhere here that once you were disabled by adsense, there's no way of getting it back..help...thanks!

That's cause of insufficient content...Once you do get accepted, it'll go away..
      Relax smile

12. shielamaeparreno profile image64
    shielamaeparrenoposted 10 years ago

lol thanks! whew..

1. Gamerguides profile image80
      Gamerguidesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

try the suggestion of wowtgp and paiva. I have been struggling about this adsense thing. I have 20 hubs at that time and over two months here at hubpages. I keep getting insufficient content, I almost give up that time. Then i read a hub about a trick to get adsense faster. What I did is I created a channel from youtube actually its a gaming channel. I post around 50 vid because its a walkthrough then apply to monetize the vid. after an hour they accept me as a YT partner. then I applied on adsense. then after an hour they send me an email that I've been accepted to their program. I did more research on this problem, some hubbers here they have 40 hubs and they live in US its still not accepted to adsense. and some country you need to wait after 6 months to get approve. and I read some tricks from inyarocks and docstoc. i didnt try that. I'm from philippines now I'm partially enjoying adsense and waiting for my PIN. I'd like to make a hub on this topic including the estimated total earnings here at hubpages. But, I have no time for it, I'm busy making gaming video content and guides for my YT channel..

13. bredies profile image61
    brediesposted 10 years ago

@sheilamaeparreno (I am not typing that again!) you probably heard about Pay Per Click accounts. 
    Once closed there is no way to open again and Google refuse to even discuss your issue.  It doesn't matter if you did anything wrong or not, once the decision is made by Google there is no going back.
    I should know it happened to me about 6 years ago and they wouldn't even talk to me let alone tell me what I had done.
    Let's hope its not the same with adsense.
    I would like to see someone challenge Google in court on this but you would need a bottomless bank account to fight them.

14. ossmedia profile image58
    ossmediaposted 10 years ago

Simply, it is very simple to have adsense account . Sometimes it takes approx one month to get approved but sometimes it activate your adsense account within hours.

15. jemuelO profile image87
    jemuelOposted 10 years ago

Hey, this is a great! I joined HP two weeks ago and my goal is to get an adsense account (though I still have to write more hubs cause I only got one) and earn from it. I really thought that it's important to have 20-30 hubs, but I'm happy with what you said that your adsense application was approved by publishing 14 hubs and by waiting for the right time.
    Thanks for posting this forum. This will be an inspiration to all of us.

16. Purpose Embraced profile image83
    Purpose Embracedposted 10 years ago

I hope this will encourage hubbers who are applying for Google Adsense accounts. I applied for an Adsense account on Sunday, and got my approval yesterday (3 days). I joined a little over 2 months ago, and have 10 hubs.

1. shielamaeparreno profile image64
      shielamaeparrenoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi PuposeEMbraced..wow after just 10 hubs? that's great, I'll read them all now and see how I can improve mine..I've applied 3x already, declined everytime. I'm trying to monetize my youtube account but I can't.. the line is already blocked or should I say filled in by my hubpages account..Would you know how to change that into my youtube account?Thanks!

1. agapsikap profile image61
        agapsikapposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi ShielaMae, I've been following this thread trying to catch some ideas. Me too! I have been here for almost three months already. Mine is filled in by my blog and can't figure out how to change that into youtube or hubpages account.

17. jemuelO profile image87
    jemuelOposted 10 years ago

Thanks Purpose Embraced! I know more hubbers will be encouraged after reading this forum. The HP Community is really great, so glad to be here.

18. portables profile image68
    portablesposted 10 years ago

Do you mean approved by hubpages - or by Google? I already have an adsense account.

19. profile image0

Hey, Got lucky when I follow what paive25 did since my application yesterday was on partial review. I've waited for 2 weeks to get approved but when I try monetizing my Youtube account since I have a year old video their I got approve on youtube right after I apply. Then my application on adsense for hubpages also approved. I was a bit surprise yesterday until today when I check my adsense theres no alert message for partial review means Im all set.. so happy:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)