newbie questions

1. Ken TZ Childress profile image60
    Ken TZ Childressposted 3 years ago

I have had a running blog since 2008, and have a little over 100 visitors a day. I was thinking ((maybe erroneously) that I could cross-post some of my entries here. To someone interested in distance and trail running, along with the secrets and necessities involved, my site is a valuable read. I tried pasting the HTML to the text box, and the pictures would not load. Then, I loaded the pictures, and was not able to enter the text--a learning curve issue I am sure. Then, I could not see how to go back to edit what I had.

I'll spend more time reviewing the multiple pages of tips before my next endeavor. A question: can I simply post my blog entries? Many are written more as a magazine article. Some are race reports. Some are reviews of trails in the area. Most have pictures--maybe too many pictures.

Thank you,
    Ken Childress

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Excellent questions, Ken, and I'm glad that you asked them!

Some answers:
      1. Content on HubPages cannot be published anywhere else, so it will not be possible to cross-post some of your blog posts.
      2. Text and images must be entered separately into Hubs (our articles) using the HubTool, so even if you have deleted a given post from your blog and waited about a week (to make sure our systems know it is not published elsewhere), you unfortunately will not be able to paste the entire post's HTML into our HubTool.

For more information on crafting Hubs, check out the HubTool guide:

And for more general information about our policies, swing by our Learning Center:

I hope that helps! Welcome to HubPages! big_smile