jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

To write hubs based on research, or write based on experience?

1. jemuelO profile image86
    jemuelOposted 3 years ago

Hello fellow hubbers!
    I just joined HP this month and I'm planning to write more hubs next week (I'm taking it slow this time cause I'm still busy with my review sessions for upcoming board exam). I want to ask your opinion which way of writing hubs is better: to write based on research or to write hubs based on experience? Your insights are highly appreciated.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nothing beats careful research backed up by personal experience! It provides hard facts while also including a human element in an article with which readers might establish a stronger connection. big_smile

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Agreed.  Personal experience will hopefully offer a unique viewpoint not found elsewhere, while research can add the experiences and discoveries of others as well as your own.

2. jemuelO profile image86
        jemuelOposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Simone for that wonderful insight.

2. Good Guy profile image94
    Good Guyposted 3 years ago

Nothing beats personal experience with some research facts.  Most of my hubs have my personal comments in them, either personal opinion or personal experience.  Such hubs will be more interesting to read because of unique narrative form and not just regurgitating dry facts and figures.