Did QAP for poetry remain the same?

1. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I need clarification on getting poems featured since the new QAP. I was under the impression that a lot of hubbers's poem hubs became unfeatured and they had to do a bunch of edits (adding polls, videos, images, word count) to get it back up. Is this still the case, because I've been seeing featured poems in my feed that are just poems, some with one image, some with none, no polls or videos, which is cool. I just needed to know if we can we still get our poems featured with the minimal frills attached? I know the requirements are different for articles but I'm confused.

2. chef-de-jour profile image92
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

I think poetry will always be a bit of an odd fish on HP for various reasons but your points are valid ones janshares. QAP and also the recent Google Panda will certainly play havoc with some poetry - QAP demands more variety and more content and Panda has punished those pages it deems have thin content so pages with, say, just one short poem on are going to suffer I think.

I've always put multiple poems on one page, plus a little lead in, together with photographs and a video here and there. All of mine are featured.

To be certain of having featured poetry on HP I would stay clear of pages with just one short poem on - but the bottom line is : the poet makes the final decision on the form of the poem.

I wish you well in your poetic ventures.

1. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, chef-de-jour. I do the same with my poetry as well, they are all featured. I'm just wondering now if it's completely necessary to keep adding all of the "jewelries" since I continue to see poems getting published with few images. I'm not knocking those who post a poem without all the other capsules. I just thought we couldn't do that anymore. Hopefully, HP staff can clear up the confusion.