Page Speed and Script: Adsense Scorecard/Report

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

So, checking my Adsense account, I see their Scorecard feature that helps you improve your web pages. One thing they analyze is page speed. They give you links to reports on things that might be slowing down your page (among other things). My report says there's a script that might be slowing down some of my pages (here at HP). I will use "dot" here to avoid creating links: b dot scorecard dot com (slash) beacon dot js. I think js is java script. Anyway, Googling this link brings me to two things results page: One is that the script is a tracking script for marketing that tracks trends and behavior. Also, some concerns that it could be malware, which I don't think is the case. Though, maybe not malware, there's still the issue that it could slow down the page, which might have an effect on user-experience. Is this an issue with these scripts? The other script that comes up is edge dot quantserve dot com (slash) quant dot js. It's the same kind of script as the previously mentioned.