jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Not featured because of "FAKE WORDS?"

1. Kain 360 profile image86
    Kain 360posted 2 years ago

Lately, I have been getting featured, but today, unfortunately, one of my hubs is not getting featured again. And honestly, I believe this mainly because some of the word names are not used in REAL LIFE, but are in the "video game."

There are a few words I have used several times because they are names of things in the video game, but apparently using these words (that is necessary for the reader) means I am not going to get featured... sad

Quite frankly, this is frustrating. I use English words, however, there are certain keywords that must be used so the reader of this niche understands.....

I think some video game hubs are being discriminated against. Also, any hubs that use English language, but have some keywords that MUST BE USED so the reader understands (also because the words are relevant in regards to the information).

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
      DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I can imagine how frustrating this is.  I'm sorry this is happening to you, but sadly, I have no solution.  Hopefully, HP will think up a fix, or perhaps you can send them an e-mail to plead your case, and get a manual review, instead of a 'bot' review.

Kain 360posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I can only imagine how frustrating it would be for people doing "creative writing" where they may use "fantasy words" that are not found in the dictionary.

I may not be doing creative writing, but still must use certain words as they are essential for the reader, search engines, and are relevant to the information (usually how to article or general information on the topic).

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have never had this problem with any Hub I wrote where I used "fake words". I have written several hubs where I use words that aren't real words, and have had no problem getting them featured.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Kain,

Video game terminology, proper nouns, and other words not recognized by spellcheck should not prevent your Hub from being featured so long as it has no other problems.

2. SoundNFury profile image84
    SoundNFuryposted 2 years ago

That sounds very frustrating - and ridiculous.  One of the problems with all of the rules to live by at Hubpages.  Hope you are able to find a work around!

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

Just send them an email and I am sure that they will publish if there are no other issues with the hub.

4. janshares profile image85
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

I agree with LeanMan. Make sure there are no other issues with the hub. I anticipated the same problem with a hub I wrote about the HP site as a community of writers, using the pen names of many hubbers. Before I wrote the hub (so as not to waste time) I posted in the forum to ask if the bots would pick up the names as misspelled words and cause it to be unfeatured. I was told by staff that it should not be a problem as long as the rest of the hub was okay. The hub did become featured and is doing fine.
    However, interestingly enough, when I go in to tweak and edit, the "Style tips" says I have too much text in bold and need to fix it! The hubber names are bolded for effect. I ignored the style tip and have not changed it.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Are you being unfeatured for content or traffic? I suggest getting feedback for the hub. I bet the issue has nothing to do with game terminology

Kain 360posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not featured because of quality standards.

Perhaps it is not the terminology, however, I wish it was more specific in what is wrong. I have other hubs written in a similar manner, but they are longer in length.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You may want to try posting a link to your Hub in the Improving Your Hub Forum ( http://hubpages.com/forum/category/2885 ) and asking for feedback from your fellow Hubbers. Many are happy to offer suggestions and advice for improvement.