jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Can I get an article that is not featured due to "quality" featured.

1. GlendaGoodWitch profile image86
    GlendaGoodWitchposted 2 years ago

I published an article and within a short period of time it was not featured due to quality. Strange, because I don't think that there was any time for the article to mature at all.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 2 years ago in reply to this

All new hubs go through QAP, and yours failed for whatever reason.

It has nothing to with traffic (or lack of), and everything to do with the quality of the hub. You could try looking long and hard at it, to find a way it can be improved.
      We can't see your hub to say what is wrong with it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Every new Hub goes through a Quality Assessment Process soon after it's published.  The assessment is done by a team employed by HubPages. 

We can't see your Hub to comment on why it might have failed.  I can only suggest taking a look at it to see if it can be improved.

On a side note, I took a look at a couple of your other Hubs and notice your photographs are not credited.  Do you understand photo copyright?

ALL photos on websites are copyright, unless there is a statement somewhere on the site saying they're not.  If they are not, there is usually some requirement to credit the website you got it from, or (more usually) the photographer who took it. 

You probably won't get penalized for stealing photos, but personally, as a creative person myself, I like to respect the rights of other creative people like photographers and artists.  I know how upset I get if someone uses one of my articles without giving me credit!

3. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sure you can, just make it "better" by HP standards. If it's short you could start by making it longer. Look at the "Need some goals?" section at the top right when your hub is in edit mode and try to get some more check marks over there by adding photos, video, polls etc.