jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

URL Trackers

1. BristolBoy profile image83
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

I have a quick search through the forums and can't find an answer.  If a referral tracker is added into links on other websites, does this mean the hub won't get the backlink benefit? 

Also I have spoken to a local take-away owner and he has given me permission to write a review of his restaurant and include a scanned in copy of his menu on the page.  Would this be ok to do though?  Just wanted to check before I do it.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I don't know about the backlink effect but it is ok to send out your link. We do got to get *out n about*. Also, doing a review for somebody is not a problem. Just make sure you have permission in writing to display his stuff. Dont want to get sued or anything tongue l would suggest anyway.

3. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

@BB - I'm 99% sure that the tracker won't affect your backlink. Most of my backlinks have trackers in from sites like Mixx and they show up on Google fine.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Some sites don't allow trackers in backlinks, so make sure you aren't violating any specific TOS when you do that.

5. 0
    multimasteryposted 7 years ago

Well the cool thing about HubPage trackers is that they don't look like trackers.  I have never run into anybody who even knows its an affiliate link:)