jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

A possible way to improve all hubs

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago

Here's a thought.  Since HP rates our hubs numerically before they feature them, why not give a specific number to each hub as it is being written.  That way, writers could see whether they need to improve upon what they have written.  The suggestion box at the upper right is great, but it does not really tell us where we stand.  Any thoughts?

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't write my hubs in real time on Hubpages; I write them offline and copy and paste.
      It is an interesting idea; maybe a rating that only we can see as it is published before the general public sees it.

2. lbsf1 profile image85
    lbsf1posted 3 years ago

From my limited coding experience I guess creating a computer algorithm to do that would be a massive pain in the bottom to get working without significant bugs.

There are so many variables to consider, and if it was only based of measurable criteria the it would disregard the most important criteria, how well written the hub is. A computer would't be able to tell the quality of your content (well not without a huge team of programmers and many years perfecting a system.).

1. profile image0
      bfilipekposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@lbsf1 you are right. Assuming that the review process is done by human than adding option to do 'pre-review' would simply increase their work by many factors.
      Also creating the algorithm for the process would not be easy.

For now just publish and 'unpublish' is probably enough in most cases.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

And yet, they already are rating the hubs on a 10 point scale, are they not?  Doesn't this mean the algorithm for doing so is already in place?  I am only asking that they reveal what score they placed a hub on...is this so difficult to do?

TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Also, they already have a box in the edit mode that makes suggestions if problems seem to exist, such as fuzzy photos, for example.  Why could this not be added?

working