jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Can I Use My Own Post From A Site That Closed?

1. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

I wrote for Bukisa a while back.  This website has since closed down and I would like to edit and use one of my posts to create a new hub.  To my knowledge they have been off the internet for a year or so. Is this permissable?  I don't want to be penalized for 'copied content.'
    Thanks.

1. Suzanne Day profile image96
      Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Do a google search to make sure whether or not it is showing in search results. If it is, then the cached page will somehow need to be removed from Google search to avoid duplicate content. If it can't be found by typing in the original title then you're free to use it on here.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Actually, titles are one of the only things that might get changed in a stolen article, so that's a search strategy that might not work.  Also, many people don't have very unique titles so a title search can return a lot of garbage.

You want to search for a unique sentence or paragraph section.  A good little chunk of text.

vocalcoachposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your help.  Appreciate it very much.

2. vocalcoach profile image94

Good advice.  Thanks so much.

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image85
      csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It is sometimes hard to use content from other sites. We might be the author, but Google is tough now on content. They are known to pull the rug, from writers who wouldn't  even know what struck them. Probably, if you can edit it so it becomes new content, would be a  better alternative.

Yes, I plan on editing the entire post.  Thank you.

working