jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Duplicate content question

1. Melovy profile image97
    Melovyposted 3 years ago

An editor of a digital magazine contacted me because she would like to include one of my hubs in a future issue. I'm not sure if this would violate HubPages terms and also not sure which member of the team to contact regarding it. Anyone know?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

email; team@hubpages.com
      Anyone from the staff will help you or find someone to help you. So far as this being a  duplicate, they are the ones who can give you a definite answer. Any post here by authors are just opinions based on experience dealing with HP.

Melovyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Luis, that's what I thought too, but couldn't find the email - obviously I was looking in the wrong place!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Melovy,

Aw WriterFox mentions, it's a bad idea to allow anyone to copy your content if it will be posted or shared elsewhere online. It can cause duplicate content issues both on HP and with Google.

You can, however, ask if they would like to include a short teaser (one or two lines from your Hub) and link back to your content instead.

Christy, thanks for your response. The person said it wouldn't be online as such, but I wasn't sure about the implications so I have sent an email with the details to the Hubpages team.
        Thanks again.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If it is not accessible to search engines, it will not be flagged as duplicate.  For example if the journal is distributed to subscribers by email.

Thanks for that info psycheskinner, I've been told it's not accessible to search engines, so that sounds as if it should be okay.

2. Writer Fox profile image80
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

If it is for a print publication only, then it's OK. 

If they are going to duplicate it online, your search rankings can tank.

working