Why doesn't Google stop plagiarism on Blogspot?

1. Thomas Swan profile image93
    Thomas Swanposted 2 years ago

Today I filed what must have been my 20th DMCA notice against a blogspot page. Around 30-40% of all my notices are filed against blogspot addresses. Some of those blogs had been up for over a year, which means Google doesn't have an automatic plagiarism (copyright infringement) detector.

Why don't they? They have the informational, technical, and financial resources to do it easily. Hubpages seems to be able to do it, and they have far fewer resources.

A Google product is consistently being used to break the law, but Google doesn't seem to care about protecting content creators from abuse via a service that it provides and maintains. It is within their power to prevent it from happening, and yet, they do nothing.

P.S. I know it happens on youtube too, but that's more difficult to detect. On Blogspot it should be easy to put an end to it.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Because to do all that would be to take action which would protect our profitability, not theirs.  Undoubtedly, Google defends their own copyrights and intellectual property proactively, but to do that for everyone else is not a money making action for them.

You do realize that everything that we aren't allowed to write about, all those banned subjects which we are not allowed to put advertising on, are all things for which Google will readily receive advertising contracts and which they will more than willingly serve ads, don't you?