jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Those templates when creating a new hub are darn good!

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Newbies probably have already discovered this. Those of us who have been around awhile may not have.

I confess, the last few hubs I made, I skipped the template option. This time I didn't.

In addition to the pre-structuring, there are all sorts of worthwhile informational items in there. If nothing else, it is certainly a very good checklist.

Just thought I'd mention it.

1. lisavollrath profile image89
      lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I like the ability to copy a layout from another hub. I write how-to articles, and it's helpful to use an old layout, to avoid having to add a dozen text and photo capsules for step-by-step instructions.

2. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Are you talking about the option that asks:
      "Use a copy of a previous hub?" I have been tempted to use these for the reasons you mention, but I love to save time when putting my stories together.
      And YES, thanks for the info.

3. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I like them too, and I've liked them since they were first introduced. I also like the tips up in the right hand corner of the Hub tool. Both features are great guidelines.

2. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

They are a good reminder for me when creating a hub. Like you have mentioned, the templates serve as a good reminder.

1. kenneth avery profile image83

Nate and Vocalcoach:
      Think I will try them the next hub I publish.
      Thanks and God bless. smile

3. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 2 years ago

The templates provide good guidance.  That's for sure.  I don't like all of their suggestions, but they point me in the right direction.

4. Pam Irie profile image85
    Pam Irieposted 2 years ago

Thanks much for the info! I've only done 3 new hubs since I transferred all my lenses from Squidoo. Hadn't clicked on the template option yet. Think I'll give it a look see next time. smile

5. Fiorenza profile image81
    Fiorenzaposted 2 years ago

I did a test hub when I was waiting for my lenses to come over, so I could start getting used to the interface and it asked if I wanted to use the template appropriate to a literature article.  I found it very useful and have also since used the toy/game one on another one I've done from scratch.  I also like all the helpful hints in the various modules.  I'll have to look into the option to copy an existing one also.

6. Lionrhod profile image92
    Lionrhodposted 2 years ago

Interesting. I haven't started a new hub yet. Still working on fixing my old lens-hubs. But I'll definitely take a look at that feature. Thanks!

7. DealForALiving profile image82
    DealForALivingposted 2 years ago

Seriously, these templates save me so much time and it's easy to customize as I go. I also copy the previous hub templates which has been a savior too.

Just wrote and published a new hub using one of my older tempplates and IT was great.
      Just sharing.
      Now back to my meeting with Bruce Willis.

8. Vikk Simmons profile image81
    Vikk Simmonsposted 2 years ago

Great info to know for a newbie, too. smile

9. Snakesmum profile image90
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

So far I've created 5 new hubs, and have found the templates really useful.   
    Another HP idea I like is the tips in the top right corner, which let you know how many sections you have used, and give you a word count.

I'm really beginning to love being here at Hubpages!  :-)  There is so much help available, in articles and in the forums.

Glad to have you, Snakesmum.