Those templates when creating a new hub are darn good!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Newbies probably have already discovered this. Those of us who have been around awhile may not have.

I confess, the last few hubs I made, I skipped the template option. This time I didn't.

In addition to the pre-structuring, there are all sorts of worthwhile informational items in there. If nothing else, it is certainly a very good checklist.

Just thought I'd mention it.

1. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I like the ability to copy a layout from another hub. I write how-to articles, and it's helpful to use an old layout, to avoid having to add a dozen text and photo capsules for step-by-step instructions.

2. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you talking about the option that asks:
      "Use a copy of a previous hub?" I have been tempted to use these for the reasons you mention, but I love to save time when putting my stories together.
      And YES, thanks for the info.

3. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I like them too, and I've liked them since they were first introduced. I also like the tips up in the right hand corner of the Hub tool. Both features are great guidelines.

2. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 9 years ago

They are a good reminder for me when creating a hub. Like you have mentioned, the templates serve as a good reminder.

1. kenneth avery profile image79

Nate and Vocalcoach:
      Think I will try them the next hub I publish.
      Thanks and God bless. smile

3. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 9 years ago

The templates provide good guidance.  That's for sure.  I don't like all of their suggestions, but they point me in the right direction.

4. Pam Irie profile image78
    Pam Irieposted 9 years ago

Thanks much for the info! I've only done 3 new hubs since I transferred all my lenses from Squidoo. Hadn't clicked on the template option yet. Think I'll give it a look see next time. smile

5. Fiorenza profile image71
    Fiorenzaposted 9 years ago

I did a test hub when I was waiting for my lenses to come over, so I could start getting used to the interface and it asked if I wanted to use the template appropriate to a literature article.  I found it very useful and have also since used the toy/game one on another one I've done from scratch.  I also like all the helpful hints in the various modules.  I'll have to look into the option to copy an existing one also.

6. Lionrhod profile image78
    Lionrhodposted 9 years ago

Interesting. I haven't started a new hub yet. Still working on fixing my old lens-hubs. But I'll definitely take a look at that feature. Thanks!

7. DealForALiving profile image77
    DealForALivingposted 9 years ago

Seriously, these templates save me so much time and it's easy to customize as I go. I also copy the previous hub templates which has been a savior too.

DealForALiving,
      Just wrote and published a new hub using one of my older tempplates and IT was great.
      Just sharing.
      Now back to my meeting with Bruce Willis.

8. Vikk Simmons profile image70
    Vikk Simmonsposted 9 years ago

Great info to know for a newbie, too. smile

9. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

So far I've created 5 new hubs, and have found the templates really useful.   
    Another HP idea I like is the tips in the top right corner, which let you know how many sections you have used, and give you a word count.

I'm really beginning to love being here at Hubpages!  :-)  There is so much help available, in articles and in the forums.

Glad to have you, Snakesmum.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)