Postcard from AdSense?

1. Mary Efron profile image86
    Mary Efronposted 2 years ago

I've just come back to HubPages after doing a little bit of writing here almost three years ago.  I don't remember anything from signing up for AdSense from three years ago except that I think I did do it.  So about a month ago, I received a postcard from AdSense welcoming me and giving me an ID number. 

Unfortunately, when I try to go log in to My Account to understand what is going on, per the directions in the postcard, I just keep getting a message from AdSense that my email address isn't associated with an AdSense account.  Has anyone else received a postcard like this or had a similar experience?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You receive the postcard when your account has reached a certain threshold - for Australians it's $10.  It's a way for them to confirm you are a real person with a real home. 

Could you have used some other email address to sign up with?  Try any others you may have used.

2. chasmac profile image99
    chasmacposted 2 years ago

If your memory of signing up with Adsense 3 years ago is vague, could it be that you signed up using a different email address? So maybe you have two (or more) Google accounts, but only one of them will have Adsense. You might just be entering the wrong one.
    The postcard and PIN no. are to verify your address. It's standard procedure, and you have 6 months (now 5) to enter it or ads will be disabled.