jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What’s with the Jumping Cursor?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image88
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11922338.jpg I have Microsoft Office 2013 Professional installed on my new Dell Laptop. I have been a proud owner of Microsoft Office since 1997. This is the first time my cursor has been displaying demonic characteristics. I am in the middle of creating a writing project and all at once my cursor has moved from its appointed place to the top thus ruining my previous paragraph with letters that belong elsewhere. In fact I had to move to my desktop which has Office 2007 to finish this. My son told me he hated Office 2010 but it doesn’t compare to this. I have to spend more time looking at every letter to insure it is in its proper place.

Do I need an exorcist?

1. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That is interesting, I thought it was my computer - I find myself typing and then the cursor goes back to somewhere in the beginning of the sentence.

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes ... yes ... yes that is what happens to me!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Does this only happen on Word?  A long time ago, my cursor kept acting up, and I found out that it was because my mouse just needed a new battery.

No mine happens off and on and it is my laptop, I don't use a mouse.

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yep ... it only happens on Word. I have even tried typing one word at a time (and I type close to 80 wpm) and not only is this irritating but tedious. Oh ... by the way, I use a mouse that I can connect to the laptop so it doesn't need a battery.

My problem seems to happen more in Windows Mail come to think about it.

working