jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Why does the Religion & Philosophy section not have any philosophy?

1. 0
    Anastasia Rokinaposted 23 months ago

The "Religion & Philosophy" section only has a subsection of various religions. Where is the philosophy?

HubPages should remove "Philosophy" and leave it at "Religion", and create a separate group called "Philosophy", under which we can include subsections like:

Ancient Greek Philosophy
    General Philosophy
    Historical Philosophers

1. ThompsonPen profile image84
      ThompsonPenposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I fully agree! I enjoy getting involved in a good debate, and often the religious section will provide that, no matter your faith - but I want to talk more philosophy and I have yet to find any philosophical discussions.

2. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 23 months ago in reply to this

That's kind of funny/true.
      It's like when I post a social issue under politics/social issues thread. Sometimes ppl get mad b/c they only see the first word, "political" and wonder why I'm posting a social issue in that forum. It would be a fun job to get to go thru and rename and add some headings to the forum.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 23 months ago in reply to this

There are more subtopics under religion.
      You can see the full list here.

The main browse Hub by topics page only shows topics that have a certain number of Hubs.
      So if more people write Hubs under a subtopic, then it will show on that page.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 23 months ago

Most people I know writing genuine philosophy Hubs file them in education.

I've always felt that changing the title "Religion and Philosophy" to "Spirituality and Beliefs" would more accurately describe the content found there.