jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

After Getting Feedback, Is It Worth Editing My Hubs

1. Butch Tool profile image86
    Butch Toolposted 19 months ago

I just got some great feedback for my first two hubs. I think I definitely need to focus on breaking up the blocks of text I tend to write and integrating the photos more naturally. Now the question is, is it worth editing these hubs or should I just use this information in future hubs?

I am concerned about what my happen to the scores and my featured rating if I edit them. From what I've read, it seems that editing triggers a re-scoring. Is it worth risking a lower rating to fix the aesthetic elements of my hubs?

Also, do you generally use a max of 3-4 sentences per paragraph to break up the content? I am wondering where everyone sets their limit for what is considered a big block of text.

Thanks Everyone.

2. sparkster profile image92
    sparksterposted 19 months ago

If your hubs have already passed the quality assessment then they will remain featured after editing. However, any hub can lose that status at any time no matter how long it's been published, depending on a variety of factors. Editing them will probably do more justice than anything in the long run and I recommend that you do not avoid doing so. I wouldn't take too much notice of hub score either - some of my best performing hubs have low hub scores but they still do well anyway.

Butch Toolposted 19 months ago in reply to this

That's some great information, thanks. I thought editing would totally redo the quality assessment and featured rating. That's great news about low hub scores still resulting in a good performance too.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago

If I know there is something I can do to make my hub better, I do it.  I want all of my hubs to represent me well.  Someone visiting my profile will read one of my hubs, and decide whether they want to read more based on how satisfied they were with the one they chose.  With my luck, they'll pick my worst hub, so I want it to be as good as I can make it!

The scores are supposed to be an indication of the quality.  If you improve the quality, the score will go up.  Yes, sometimes there is a slight downward drop until the quality is determined, but it generally goes up after a while anyway.  Write the best hub you can, and let the HubPages worry about the scores.

Butch Toolposted 19 months ago in reply to this

LOL. Excellent point. I also have that kind of luck, so I guess I had better get to updating my hubs pretty quickly. Thanks for your advice.