jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Scrumptious Chocolate and Champagne Diamond Jewelry

1. Deborah-Diane profile image86
    Deborah-Dianeposted 13 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

This Hub has been on Hubpages for years.  However, recently it has been unfeatured as being Spammy.  I have cut the ads down to one Amazon module, and it has still be rejected.  Any suggestions??

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Scrumptious Chocolate and Champagne Diamond Jewelry for Women. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 13 months ago in reply to this

The only thing that jumps out is that you repeat your key words endlessly throughout the hub.  I know it is difficult to find a different way to say "chocolate or champagne diamonds", but you need to find some way to do that. 

Terms such as "these lovely gems", "this beautiful jewelry", etc. might be good to use.  Other than that,  I don't see any problems.  In fact, I like the article a lot!

Deborah-Dianeposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Thank you!  This is a suggestion that is practical and I can go back and make that edit.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I appreciate it.

2. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 13 months ago in reply to this

If I am a web surfer looking for information about chocolate diamonds and I land on this article, I am not going to come away with any new knowledge about them. Nothing in the article is particularly helpful to a person trying to buy diamonds, and there aren't even any pictures.

It's very clear that this article was written by a non-expert hoping to capitalize on a keyword phrase to make a quick amazon sale. 

I had a dozen articles like this on Squidoo and when the transfer occurred I just deleted them because I knew they weren't going to work on HP, or any article site any more.  These days, to make money on online content you need to come across as an expert.

Deborah-Dianeposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking the time to read my article.  This was not a former Squidoo article.  It is one that has been on Hubpages for years, and suddenly they don't like it. I do have other Squidoo articles here, though.  I wonder why Hubpages bought all those commercial articles on Squidoo, don't you?  I'm beginning to think that your suggestion is good and I should just remove all my old Squidoo articles from Hubpages.  There are sites, like Honest Reviewz and Trendzic that will accept and promote articles like this.  Perhaps that would be the easiest suggestion, rather than trying to make them work here.  (Sigh)  I just hate this kind of thing.

3. JLauren Angel profile image78
      JLauren Angelposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Hi Deborah,

When I read through your hub it seems fake, you are selling me something or asking me to buy into your idea. This is not a good hub choice. You want to change the verbiage to read as an answer from a survey - Consumers of fine jewelry have opted for something totally out their league by buying Chocolate Diamonds. You use fluff throughout your article, most specifically "that". Copy and paste this article into word and remove all the "that's. You use "that" as a mind / voice break when you pause to think your next thought. Which means you should have more punctuation in the article than you do.

Your article needs to show proof of the diamond market change, there is a percentage chart out there, where you could create a similar one in different colors to show your facts, and percentages of new buyers of the colored diamonds.

Bullet your colors instead of using coma's, this will make them stand off the page. Then add some pictures for proof, to show people there are really colored diamonds.

I think these few changes will allow you to repost on hubpages and get a go.

I wish you much luck!

1. DeborahDian profile image81
        DeborahDianposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Thank you.  These were excellent suggestions and I will work on these improvements right away.