Impose 300 Word Limit for Amazon / eBay Modules at the Account Level

1. ILoveLegosToo profile image64
    ILoveLegosTooposted 10 months ago

I would like to see the 300 word limit for Amazon / eBay modules imposed at the account level, instead of the article level (I would even decrease it it 200 words).  This will give Hubpages a variety of articles, which makes the whole site more interesting instead of a Wikipedia type site with ads.

For example, an account containing 10 articles with 3,000 words, would be allowed to utilize 15 amazon modules (using the 200 word limit).  Those 15 amazon modules could be utilized on 3 hubs that only include 500 words each.

I think it fits with the model HP is looking for as a new article writer would need to create content first, before creating a Best of Shower Curtains hub.  And when a few dollars trickles in from Amazon sales, hubbers get excited and write more content articles so they can create more sales articles and begin to build a portfolio that drives traffic and sales.

2. BizGenGirl profile image85
    BizGenGirlposted 9 months ago

I see what you're saying, though as someone whose been on hp for over a decade, I can tell you that there was a time when they used to allow any amount of Amazon/eBay ads, and it didn't take long for ppl to fill up hp with hubs that were purely potential and all about making the writer/seller money. The internet is already filled with sites promoting all sorts of things to buy, that offer very little in the way of genuine content with education and community benefit at heart.

Writing a strong article is an art, and bad habits like leaning on sales mods, are not good for the community. I want new authors to get excited and elder writers to maintain interest, but personally, if an author cannot produce hubs that don't rely on sales mods, is rather see them write else where.

It's definitely hard, but the process is good and forces us to stay creative. Our writing and any minimal use of sales mods is better for it.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 months ago in reply to this

I totally agree.  A number of people who have actually removed some of their ads recently have reported that views have gone up.

Ads are good if they are well placed and support the content of an article as well as providing something to the reader that he or she wants or needs to have.

Most informational hubs do not lend themselves to ads, but when you are able to find a way to combine both in a tasteful manner, you hit the jackpot.

Personally, I think the team needs to remove some of the ads they, themselves place because they rarely match the articles and make a page look too spammy.