jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Announcing WanderWisdom

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 5 months ago

Good news, friends! WanderWisdom the new travel HubPages Network Site is live. Feel free to stop by and take a look!

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 months ago

"21 Things Flight Attendants Don't Want You to Know"

https://wanderwisdom.com/transportation … ou-to-Know

3. makingamark profile image76
    makingamarkposted 5 months ago

Is it sensible to leave the travel destination sub-category level at "Europe" and have no categories below that? 

Why not have categories for each of the continents? (then sub-categories for countries below that)

Or maybe you're expecting people to find hubs by search alone - in which case why wouldn't they just go straight to Google?

4. Venkatachari M profile image85
    Venkatachari Mposted 5 months ago

I hope this is only a beginning. Gradually, we will be having sub-category levels under each continent and under each country also. That should be the wisest option for locating your destinations more comfortably.

5. Adam Harkus profile image61
    Adam Harkusposted 5 months ago

Been waiting a while for this, got 2 hubs transferred over too smile

6. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 5 months ago

Cool smile

7. Emese Fromm profile image91
    Emese Frommposted 5 months ago

Looks great! I like the title as well smile
    Maybe I missed something when all of this started, but how do you select the hubs for these sites? What happens with the hubs that don't get selected? For example, travel hubs that are Editor's Choice on HubPages should have been good enough quality, I assumed.  If they didn't get selected for the new site, do they have a chance to get moved later on? Does it mean they are not good enough, or they don't quite fit in? If they don't, will they eventually be removed when all of HubPages changes?
    Thanks so much for all your hard work and keeping up the communication with the authors.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 5 months ago in reply to this

From what I have seen, they are pulling newly published Hubs first, and then sifting through all the older stuff after that.  It makes me wonder if I would be better off unpublishing, and republishing some of my older stuff so that it gets considered.  IDK...then again, I lose a bit by doing that.

1. Emese Fromm profile image91
        Emese Frommposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I didn't notice that, I guess it makes sense, must be easier for them to do it that way. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens in a few weeks/months. Thanks for your reply.

2. Solaras profile image91
        Solarasposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Don't unpublish your hubs, but you can update them to get eyes on them again faster.