jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Traffic Downturn During Olympics

1. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 2 months ago

I seem to remember the last Olympics noticing a significant downturn in traffic.  For those longtime hubbers, doesn't traffic drop during the Olympics?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Not here.  The weekend was perhaps up a touch, but definitely not down.

2. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 2 months ago in reply to this

School is starting back up - people are getting their kids ready, buying clothes and school crap.  That always impacts my earnings.  July and August usually blow for me.

2. hauerpower profile image59
    hauerpowerposted 2 months ago

I think that the holidays are a time that people travel a lot , and generally spend less time on the internet / actively working .

3. Chriswillman90 profile image89
    Chriswillman90posted 2 months ago

Yeah August is going to suck. July was still great because of an amazing 10 day stretch but I don't see that this month. I'm just looking forward to September-December where CPM and traffic normally spike up.

4. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 2 months ago

I'm not seeing a "seasonal" summer drop as my traffic has been great right up until the Olympics started.  As I write about a sport, I suspect all of my sports-crazed readers are watching the Olympics.  It's been a bit odd.  My Google traffic has actually increased.  It's my Facebook traffic, which is my biggest traffic source by FAR, that has plummeted.  I wonder if FB sees a decline in users during the Olympics.