jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Get expert advice on Hub traffic for FREE

1. promisem profile image94
    promisemposted 5 weeks ago

Do you want more traffic for your Hubs? Want free insights from online marketing experts who cost thousands and even tens of thousands of dollars to hire?

Moz.com is one of the leading websites dedicated to online marketing. Every year it publishes a popular survey of top experts on the most important factors in getting website traffic. Here is the most recent survey.

https://moz.com/search-ranking-factors/survey

Scroll down to see the overview. You will find nine major factors. They break down this way:

- The top 2 factors focus on links
    - 4 of them focus on keywords (SEO keyword research)
    - 1 factor is engagement (polls, graphics, videos, etc.)
    - 1 is brand (HP niche sites)
    - 1 is social media (shares, posting on your accounts)

Click on the tabs near the top for more details, especially Survey Results. Scroll down to see specific ideas.

I follow this advice and have been happy with my results on HP. Please use it to improve your Hub traffic. Don't listen to bad advice.

1. claptona profile image81
      claptonaposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for sharing the link.
      Interesting info and dynamics for internet connectivity.
      Shows that a write and post goal accomplishes very little.
      Keep sharing, your insights are helpful!
      Cheers!

promisemposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I'm glad you find it helpful, Claptona. Thanks for the comment.

2. tsmog profile image86
      tsmogposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I keep up with Moz too. I bear in mind their central aim is marketing with emphasis on websites and content remembering it is on a website. I am pretty sure they are current since they have a great recent article Wake Up, SEOs – the NEW New Google is Here (Aug-2016) with regard to it. After reading, although still digesting, I realize algorithms address the big picture direction of Google affecting the smaller pictures. But, that does not solve my problem for having a marketable niche as seen with our niche sites :-) There is always tomorrow . . .

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 weeks ago

I'm amazed moz has managed to survive: https://moz.com/rand/moz-returns-to-seo/

Quote:
    sep 14, 2016
    On August 10th, I attended a board meeting during which it was decided that the company I co-founded and used to run, would change the strategy we’d been pursuing over the prior 2.5 years, refocus on our core SEO software business, prioritize making the business profitable, and lay off just over a quarter of our employees.

Get it while you can, lol.

promisemposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks, Will. What does a change in company strategy have to do with a survey of 150 online marketing experts?

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 weeks ago

Moz is on its knees because it has nothing left to sell. It was all about manipulating search engines with poor quality pages created to produce artificial links to pages that would never rank on merit.

Panda is pretty good at recognizing second rate content.

Penguin can pick out worthless link schemes.

It doesn't matter how you dress it up, solid site architecture, quality content and patient building of a rep is just about the only serious, sustainable option left.

working