I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub BACKPACKING ESSENTIALS A guide for equipment and living in the outdoors (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
1. Don't use capital letters in titles.. The correct usage is a capital letter for each word (except words like and and the). Using capital letters on the web means you are shouting at people.
2.Don't use capital letters anywhere It is extremely disconcerting to the reader and they will simply stop reading your article.
3 If you want to be ignored by Google, then by all means carry on repeating your keywords 'BACKPACKING ESSENTIALS.' That was the way it was done six years ago. Things have moved on. You now need to use professional writing standards which means you never, if possible, use the same words. You use different words meaning the same thing.
4. Don't underline anything because the reader thinks it's a link.
5. You've linked Kelty to a page. That's promotional. I'm not sure that is legal on hubpages anymore. However others will clarify that.
6. The piece is clearly promotiona for Kelty. Don't. Hubpages is no longer used for promotional pieces That is why Google slammed writing sites. Affilate marketers were making the web a nightmore.
7 You appear to have a lot of promotional links. Remove them.
8. You have way too many Amazon products on your hub.
9. Remove the "Under Construction.'
10. As your bio says that you have no featured articles, it appears that hubpages doesn't recognize your hub either. It's clearly a promotional piece and that is no longer acceptable. It won't be featured until you eradicate the numerous sales links. One is about as much as you get to have.
From a personal point of view, I would take one look at it and click to something that wasn't clearly advocating buying products. I also don't read things that scream at me (capital letters).
I like your hub. The paragraphs have a few capital letters. You need to write like in college final English writing essay.The best thing to do. You need to read at hub pages learning center. I like your pictures. Your pictures bring back memories from my outdoor camping trips with my family. You did great. The Grammar and the underlining on some words are not acceptable by hub pages rules. Good luck with your hub. I am looking forward reading the finished hub.
I'm guessing the images are your own but you should identify them as such. Also, having images float right doesn't work on mobile and tablet devices and that's where most readers are today.
I concur with Tess about the over-the-top sales pitches.
by Ms Outdoorsy Kitkhat4 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Basic Essentials in Dayhike. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Marina2 years ago
On Friday we rolled out a way to quickly solicit feedback on Hubs that aren’t Featured for quality. If you have a Hub that is not Featured, all you need to do is click on the link at the bottom of the email you...
by Butch Tool2 years ago
If I target tweets with hashtags that are relevant to my articles, is it considered spam to request comments and poll answers on twitter?I was hoping to get some feedback and signed up for twitter just for that, but...
by Jacqueline Moore19 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to Write a Book in 12 Weeks (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!It's very...
by C L Mitchell19 months ago
Hi Hubbers,This is the first time that I've had one of my hubs not featured so quite disappointed. I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process on my Hub 10 Reasons You Should Move to Ireland. The...
by Tonie Cook2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub VikisFinds One Of A Kind Dolls. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.