jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: BACKPACKING ESSENTIALS A guide for equipment and li

1. Brigitte Fritz profile image60
    Brigitte Fritzposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub BACKPACKING ESSENTIALS A guide for equipment and living in the outdoors (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92
      TessSchlesingerposted 5 months ago in reply to this

1. Don't use capital letters in titles.. The correct usage is a capital letter for each word (except words like and and the). Using capital letters on the web means you are shouting at people.

2.Don't use capital letters anywhere It is extremely disconcerting to the reader and they will simply stop reading your article.

3 If you want to be ignored by Google, then by all means carry on repeating your keywords 'BACKPACKING ESSENTIALS.' That was the way it was done six years ago. Things have moved on. You now need to use professional writing standards which means you never, if possible, use the same words. You use different words meaning the same thing.

4. Don't underline anything because the reader thinks it's a link.

5. You've linked Kelty to a page. That's promotional. I'm not sure that is legal on hubpages anymore. However others will clarify that.

6. The piece is clearly promotiona for Kelty. Don't. Hubpages is no longer used for promotional pieces That is why Google slammed writing sites. Affilate marketers were making the web a nightmore.

7 You appear to have a lot of promotional links. Remove them.

8. You have way too many Amazon products on your hub.

9. Remove the "Under Construction.'

10. As your bio says that you have no featured articles, it appears that hubpages doesn't recognize your hub either. It's clearly a promotional piece and that is no longer acceptable. It won't be featured until you eradicate the numerous sales links. One is about as much as you get to have.
      From a personal point of view, I would take one look at it and click to something that wasn't clearly advocating buying products. I also don't read things that scream at me (capital letters).

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
        SakinaNasir53posted 5 months ago in reply to this

Well said Tess. Great job at this. smile
        I agree completely.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92
          TessSchlesingerposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thanks. smile

2. erorantes profile image36
      erorantesposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I like your hub. The paragraphs have a few capital letters. You need to write like in college final English writing essay.The best thing to do. You need to read at hub pages learning center. I like your pictures. Your pictures bring back memories from my outdoor camping trips with my family. You did great. The Grammar and the underlining on some words are not acceptable by hub pages rules. Good luck with your hub. I am looking forward reading the finished hub.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 months ago

I'm guessing the images are your own but you should identify them as such. Also, having images float right doesn't work on mobile and tablet devices and that's where most readers are today.

I concur with Tess about the over-the-top sales pitches.

working