jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Substandard unpublishing

1. Misty May profile image79
    Misty Mayposted 7 days ago

So I have a recipe hub that was taken down awhile ago after the recipe format was put out well today I changed it to the recipe format and republished it and in a got a email that it was unpublished for being substandard without any reasoning to why saying it's incomplete. It isn't incomplete in any way that I can figure out and I don't know how to get any help on the matter

1. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 2 days ago in reply to this

Hello Misty May, The reason your recipe article was moderated for poorly structured is because the same information appears twice. Try removing the duplicate information and adding more original photos to improve the quality of you article.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 days ago

Does it specifically say it's incomplete, or did you just get one of those emails giving a heap of possible reasons why it might have been unpublished?

Check to see if there's a section in the email explaining how to post a link in the appropriate section of the forums.  Use the link in the email.

One possibility is simply that it's too short.  Is it just a plain recipe or have you included some information about it?

3. Misty May profile image79
    Misty Mayposted 7 days ago

It's just a plain recipe.

4. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 7 days ago

If it's just a recipe on its own, the hub is probably too short. You should aim for at least 500 words, preferably more.

Write some history behind the recipe, some health information, or a deeper view of the ingredients used.

5. Misty May profile image79
    Misty Mayposted 6 days ago

I wish they would adapt different types of hubs to different standards because it feels like writing a lot of random information about the recipe distracts and puts off readers who just want a quick recipe to make for dinner.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 days ago in reply to this

There is a special standard for poetry, but that's the only one.

I think the problem is that if people are looking for a quick recipe for dinner, they're going to go for one of the big recipe websites.  They're always going to beat you for short recipe so there's no point trying to compete.

working