jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

We Won the Battle

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

The letter appeared in my e-mail this afternoon!  For the full hub that this is on you can read all about the area here:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Take-A-Ride-To- … ountryside

"Hi All:

For some reason; this afternoon, the grass looks greener and the clouds appear to be bluer.  Could it be the Commissioners unanimously signed a Resolution in opposition to the proposed Quarry?  YES, that's it!   It sure was a boost to us all. 

We are not naive in thinking that our work is done, but this Resolution will act as a wedge against the brick company.  CARE will take it and run with it.  We will send it to all parties that are integral in stopping the quarry --  from the governor on down.  We hope that the Resolution will garner support and send a message that a strip mine is not welcome here!  Our voices will be heard in this matter.

Thank you so much for attending the meeting and adding your visible support to our cause.  United we can stop this egregious project. 

Don't forget about the party on Sunday May 31 at the Apple Chapel on Dominion Road from 2-6.  I look forward to seeing you all there,

Wendy"

Thanks to all who have been concerned and have prayed!
    Debbie

2. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

more power to your elbow!

Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.

3. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

Way awesome! Go proactivenessnessness smile

4. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

Studies show we have hacked away one third of the Earth's natual resources; thanks for saving a piece of it.

Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I didn't realize you were so close to here.  I grew up in what they call now, Fort Washington, MD.  When I grew up there it was Friendly.

working