jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

world wide web

1. phoenixinfinite profile image60
    phoenixinfiniteposted 7 years ago

i have asked this question a few days ago...

how and what the world could have been without the 'www' world wide web?

and i got one answer from a hubber, and here what she had to say

me259259 says
    The sky would've collapse upon itself. The sea would boil and the salt would spray into our eyes. In the villages, three-headed goats would appear, and would demand to be given pedicures. It would be madness! Madness I say!

Or maybe our technology wouldn't be as far advance. Crappy products and services may have never seen the light of day. Newspapers would have a few more years of life instead of collapsing as fast as it did. We would be forced to get current news from the 24 hour news networks, and thus become even more polarized in our political beliefs than we are now. People wouldn't waste their time watching elephants take a dump (except when America's Funniest Home Videos is on). Many people would be forced to get real jobs, instead of blogging.

2. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

The stock market relies on the internet.  Everyday money is electronically transfered from country to country using the internet.

Trade would be severely limited without the internet.  No longer would foreign products be easily accessible. Advertisements would be seen by a much smaller crowd.

3. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

I would never have been able to fully realise and impliment my ideas without it. I run two websites and have a real chance to make it in the world. Without it I would be working a nine to five on minimum wadge.

4. phoenixinfinite profile image60
    phoenixinfiniteposted 7 years ago

THIS IS LIKE CHOOSING BETWEEN A OR B--- TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS. THINK ABOUT THE POSITIVE SIDE OF IT, AND NOT ABOUT THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF NOT HAVING THE WWW. WHAT, WHERE, AND HOW THE WORLD COULD HAVE BEEN WITHOUT THE WORLD WIDE WEB. THINK POSITIVE.

working