jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Youtube or other Video links

1. C.V.Rajan profile image68
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

What is the benefit of giving relevant Video links from our Hubs?

2. bigmikeh profile image79
    bigmikehposted 7 years ago

The benefit for your visitor is more relevant content. The benefit for the hubber is that it may count towards the individual hub score. Who knows how much weight it carries in the HubPages algorithm? Personally I've used very few video capsules recently and some of those hubs are my most popular.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I've noticed that with use of videos, from my GA, that there is a longer stay. Better chance of clicks I would think but isn't for everybody. big_smile

4. DennisBarker profile image59
    DennisBarkerposted 7 years ago

I'm tending to use video links from you tube in most of my hubs at the moment. Keep people on the page for longer and the chancs are they might click something that generates income for me, thats the theory anyway. It also gives me a way of choosing topics as you tube has good statistics for their video views.

1. fortunerep profile image63
      fortunerepposted 7 years ago in reply to this

great comment and idea

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The video capsule works with Revver, which let's you earn for views of your own videos.  So, I'm starting to shoot more and more bits of my own and put them up there. 

And I use video when there's something really relevant that adds to the Hub.

6. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

- If people stop to watch the clip, they stay longer on your Hub, which is good for page rank

- if you embed a Youtube clip, it will eventually show up as a link on Youtube, which is a valid backlink.

7. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

It's also a content boost, as it can help deliver the message of your hub. smile