jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Submitting Your Links to Google Theory!

1. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

You dont have to depend sorely on the automated system where Hubpages submits your hubs to Google. Cos, Your hub has to reach a certain score (not sure what score exactly) before its displayed on google's first results page.

The key here is using unique key words for your hubs, then submitting those keywords to Google directly; that way you dont have to rely so much on your hubscore to get referrals.

Test this theory!

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL

Just exactly how do you "submit a keyword to google"?

I would stick to the Boom! threads if I were you. big_smile

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe he's typing them in the google search bar and hitting submit smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
          Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You mean Google has a customized search page for him with a 'submit' button instead of 'search'. lol

BTW CONGRATULATIONS on your 500th post on forums big_smile

2. fierycj profile image85
          fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha ha funny. Submit them by typing in the keywords, seperated by commas in the comments field on this page http://google.com/addurl Google will crawl on your page directly without relying on hubscores. Mark, I know I dont talk about this kinda stuff, but it might interest you to know that I've been a web programmer for years. I'm just more occupied with making movies is the thing. Hey guys, Boom!

That is right - you don't know about this stuff. big_smile

Google does not crawl your hub when it reaches a certain score, nor does it increase it's search engine ranking based on hubscore. This would be a complete and utter waste of time. Stick to making movies wink

Boom!

1. fierycj profile image85
              fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i had this hub series where I had like the 1,2,3 and all. At first none would even show up, but then I submitted them, and now they pop up in the first page. But the thing is, their order always swaps based on the score of each. I have seen this. But Hp is your thing, so I understand how possessive of its tricks you wanna be. So yes, hold on to it, i'll hold on to mine. I'm saying its a theory worth trying, seemed to work for me. And O yes, my page referrals from Google have tripled since then. Thanks. And lol, I appreciate your usage of my term. wink

ZAP! OK - you are always right Bang! I am just being possessive. *long silence* 

But as you are such a master, I wonder if you wouldn't mind getting this on the front page of google for the term  investing in real estate?

Thanks - let me know when it is ready. *hysterical laughter *

wink

2. MontyApollo profile image61
                MontyApolloposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Or their score always swaps based on the order.

2. Dale Nelson profile image32
    Dale Nelsonposted 7 years ago

Hmmm.Sounds interesting.Thnaks FieryCJ

3. MontyApollo profile image61
    MontyApolloposted 7 years ago

I think you get crawled very soon after publishing the hub. How soon you show up in the index and how long you last initially is usually the problem. The hub usually stays in the index for a very short time, then takes a vacation.

(BTW, Hubpages' forum seems to be crawled and indexed every few minutes)

4. johnr54 profile image48
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

You're probably better off doing some keyword research to find terms that you can rank for!

5. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

CJ,
    You know I always wondered about that comments section on the add URL Google thingy.
    Now I see what you mean.
    I always just submitted without comments.
    "OH GREAT GOOGLE PLEASE ADD ME!" sounded way too needy.
    The next time I submit an (a?) URL. I'll try the keyword thing.
    Thanks.

6. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

CJ, my boy, you are def scrounging to topics now! You're still MY #1, though, even if Google doesn't think the same! smile

7. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

Well I figured it can't hurt to see if it works.  So I submitted two hubs.  One that was just published and one that is in tough competition which is very unlikely to ever get a google. 

We shall see. smile

8. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

I've never seen the point in submitting anything to google. If it's not good enough for google to find it on its own then it sure as hell won't be good enough to geta decent position and  traffic from google. I've even had a domain name crawled by google that was pointed to a blank page with no links going in to it. I have no idea how google found it.

working