Submitting Pages to Niche Sites Time Limit

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

I have had a number of pages selected by editors as suitable for being moved to niche sites but in need of revision. I have been working through the backlog and submitted 2 recently.

When I try to submit the third, I get this:
    Sorry, but you can't submit this article right now.
    You have already submitted 1 article in the last 14 days. Please try again on February 5.

Given that I have only ever chosen to submit one page myself, and that was months ago, this seems to be an error.

I got the original 'Your article is eligible to be moved to Owlcation' email, 11/20/16. Is there some kind of time limit involved here?

2. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 7 years ago

You said you submitted two hubs recently. If the last one was on January 22nd, then you need to wait till Feb 5th to submit the next.

If you submitted more than one in the past week, you were just lucky to have hit it at the time when they had a bug in the system. It's back to 1 per 14 days now.

Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm afraid you are missing the point, Glenn.

All three pages that I have submitted were selected by editors to be moved. I updated all three, submitted 2 in close succession without issue, then had the warning on the third one.

I am trying to be a good citizen here by working through 5 pages that eds have chosen for the niches. But if there is a time limit on submission after editor selection, I will move on to working on my own choice of pages.

If the opportunity is gone, it is gone.

1. sallybea profile image80
        sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have been asked to edit several hubs which I have done in my own time, submitted them and they were moved with no time limit.  Perhaps an email to the person who asked you to edit the hub would help.
        I should add that new hubs which I wrote in the interim were accepted within days of being submitted.

I don't have the name of the person who sent the original request. We are merely talking about 'The Curator'.

OK, it seems I have been dealing with a person who requested the edit in the first instance but not always.   As far as I am aware you just need to submit the hub if everything is OK it won't be counted as being an additional one.

Unfortunately, I cannot, I just get the same warning. This means that not only the page I recently improved for an editor is being counted as my own request, but the previous one that I fixed up per an editor's instructions was counted as my own personal request.

I realise that this level of complication will try any hubber's patience but someone on the staff might grasp what I am talking about and take pity on me, lol.

I am sure that they will come back to you when they see this.

Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I understand now. Similar as Sally, I also had the experience where a curator had asked me to make changes and it was not counted towards the limit of hubs to be submitted. In addition, most of my new hubs are selected without counting towards the limit either.

In your case, it should have been the same, IMO. Since you don't have the name of the curator, I would recommend you just reply to that email so they see it was requested of you. If you didn't save the email, then just send a note to staff and mention it.

As for time limits, maybe that's what happened to you. I don't know if there is a time limit or not since I always responded quickly — being that I considered getting hubs moved to niche sites a priority. In either case, when you send them a note, they will tell you where you stand.

3. makingamark profile image68
    makingamarkposted 7 years ago

I can't see any incentive for people to revise hubs for inclusion on the new niche sites - at the request of a curator - if the rule about one per fortnight is also to be applied.

That comes under the "stuff that for...." methodology in my life.

If you're asked to revise, then that should by definition carry an automated allowance to submit.

Or does HubPages think people only update hubs on one day each fortnight?

I know that when I spend time on my websites I work all day and get oodles done. It's much more time efficient and effective in speeding through the work and in terms of tying in social media announcements etc etc.

1. Glenn Stok profile image95

Mark, As I just said in my prior comment, when a curator asks for changes it does not count towards the submission limit.

1. makingamark profile image68
        makingamarkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes - but it's very clear that people are being asked for changes and it is counting - so your statement is not really representing the situation accurately. Read what Will said.

I did read what Will said, but it seems you missed my second reply to him.  I had the experience where a curator asked me to make changes and it did NOT count towards my allotment when I submitted it. So I'm talking from experience.

Will had a different issue. I think he waited too long. If you read my reply to him, I asked him to contact staff about it. Then we'll know if they have a timeout on responding to curators.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To be strictly accurate, ONE person (i.e. Will) has come across this problem - and even then, he theorises it's because he waited too long since he got the email asking for changes (back in November last year).

I have had several Hubs where I've been asked to make changes, and they have not counted towards the one per fortnight limit.

3. Glenn Stok profile image95

Mark, That's totally inaccurate. It only happend to Will, and he admitted that he waited too long. Read the rest of this thread.  When he asked about it, staff replied to him and told him that that was the reason. However, due to that they just extended the period to six months, which in my opinion is very patient. I make requested changes and submit it right away because it's advantageous to get our hubs into niche sites. Why would anyone wait six months?

4. Will Apse profile image90

There might be some kind of time limit in the sense that their admin/work flow has some kind of time related logic or deficency. Perhaps the person who asked for the edits is no longer around. I dunno what the issue is.

I do know that I slaved away for three days beating a difficult page into some kind of shape. Right now, it is just a road block to getting simpler pages updated to current standards and hopefully moved.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, now that you got that page done, if the team doesn't get back to you, just submit it after the 14 day period is done while you work on the others you have. Hopefully someone from the team sees this and gets back to you.

It is not a page that I would ever have chosen to update. Remember when HP wanted student essays? The page in question started life as an undergraduate essay composed on a 386 computer and miraculously survived transfers by floppy disc and CD to a laptop that weighed about the same as a small fridge. It will never make much money and is slightly embarrassing even after the great overhaul.

If they do not want the opportunity of assessing it now it will go to the back of a long queue.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh my. Haha.

Will, I have had surprises with hubs that I never expected would earn money and end up getting many Amazon sales. One never knows, so trust the curator. Did you write to staff yet as I suggested? It sounds like you're giving up without trying. What a shame after all that work editing your hub to get it ready.

2. sallybea profile image80

I don't think there is a time limit.  It took me nearly two weeks to edit one because my computer was drenched in a cup of tea but then the request to edit the hub was a real person!

5. Margaret Schindel profile image94
    Margaret Schindelposted 7 years ago

My understanding is that if you are making changes to a hub in response to one of those emails that say "Your article is eligible to be moved to [Delishably/Holidappy/FeltMagnet/etc.]," all you need to do is to edit the hub to address the issues mentioned in that email message. You don't need to use the button to submit the hub to a network site. Just wait a few days (or sometimes a week) after making those edits.

If your hub hasn't been moved by that time, it might be worth posting it in the How to Improve Hubs forum to see whether any fellow Hubbers have any suggestions.

Margaret, In my case when they asked me to make a few changes, I used the normal submission tab when I was done, even though it was earlier than my next date to be allowed to submit. It went though.

They obviously tag the hub so that it passes the mid-term submission. In addition to that, I was also able to make my next submission on the usual date I expected. So it never interfered with my allotment.

1. Margaret Schindel profile image94
        Margaret Schindelposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Good to know, Glenn! My experience might have been an anomaly.

6. Will Apse profile image90

I emailed the editors and apparently there is a time limit for submitting hubs after selection. Robin says that it has now been increased to six months.

My thanks to the staff for moving the page in question despite my tardiness...

Six months! Wow!  HubPages is becoming very patient. When I'm given a chance for another moved hub between my own submissions, I jump on the opportunity. Most of my hubs that were moved have at least doubled their earnings. Just consider the loss of revenue for waiting six months. At least you found out now why the submit didn't work for you.

7. Will Apse profile image90

It would help if the original email mentioned a time frame, but apart from that I have nothing to complain about. Robin responded quickly and the problem was fixed.

We now know that 6 months is the limit, which is more than generous.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)