jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do un-original hubs rate lower?

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

I have created a new hub on a topic that probably has been written about on hubpages and the web millions of times 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'.

It has a lot of content and all of the content is original.

Would the fact that the hub is on an over-used topic mean that the rating will automatically go down? It went down immediately - most of my hubs are in the range 60-80 and my 'rating' in 91 - so I was surprised by this.

Or am I simply being impatient and it will rise eventually?

1. Cactrot profile image75
      Cactrotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Looks like it has a normal rating for a new hub to me. Most bounce between 40-60 before they're published and settle in a few days afterwards

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

Not directly, but traffic is an important component of HubScore.  It can be hard to get significant traffic to something that's already been covered from every angle ...

3. 0
    rednckwmnposted 7 years ago

my hubs are usally like, 40 to 60. tops. I wouldnt worry about it, look more at traffic. Like people keep saying, keywords, tags adnd a good title matter for search engines.

4. Pinoys profile image77
    Pinoysposted 7 years ago

I think you're being impatient.

5. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Don't worry just be patient. I wrote a fiction short story and sadly got a score of 50 but it is slowly rising as some people read it. so be patient smile