jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Widget ?

1. jabyrd82 profile image60
    jabyrd82posted 7 years ago

What is adding someones widget do? maybe a stupid question am wondering thanks!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You can't add "widgets" to HubPages.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

sure you cant add widgets to hubpages, real helpful responses here eh! dont worry, she just like to say no

thinking about your question with a yes in mind
    Hubpages offers a widget on every profile page (is this what your referring to,bet it is)

it will give you a code that you can insert on your own blogs or sites that lists the person latest hubs and displays a profile pic.

Personally, I prefer to just use the rss feeds..I think the widget option is severely lacking as it doesnt allow for a tracker include, so when i promote other authors(which I do frequently, I just use the "link to page option"

you can see an example of a widget in action here:

1. Kadmiels profile image73
      Kadmielsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

she is just blunt to the point but is very helpful even if the responses are lacking.. smile but you are correct the RSS feeds are better you can use the widgets but they are not as good. they are in the process of getting a better one to add to personal pages.

4. anjalichugh profile image87
    anjalichughposted 7 years ago

You need to have HTML option to play with for placing widgets; HP does not provide that. Other blog forums like Blogger, WordPress do have that option.

5. jabyrd82 profile image60
    jabyrd82posted 7 years ago

Thanks all for the answers i understand now!!!