jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Links not showing entire description

1. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am currently building a page and I am having trouble creating the links capsules. Once I enter all the information only part of what I wrote is being displayed. Is there a cap on how long the link description is supposed to be? I only have about 50 words per description. Any help would much appreciated. Thanks

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

2. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I'm not really sure what you're talking about.  Can you give an example?  Browsers will shorten links putting a ... somewhere in the middle.  You can always highlight your description and link to it that way.  But you can't do a whole page or anything.

You can also shorten links by going to tinyurl.com.  It will give you a shorter link you can post.

Also, when you create your hub, if it has a very long title, you don't have to let that entire title be your URL.  In the box where it says "Give your hub a web address", you can pretty much shorten it to whatever you want.

An example of that is my hub "A Child Of the 60's Reflects On Music That Changed The World".  If I had done nothing that would be the hub name, but I changed it, so it's http://hubpages.com/hub/protest_music.  Much better, right?

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

She is talking about the link capsules that you add to a hub. There is a limit to the amount of characters you can put in the description box.

4. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Thanks everyone, I thought so, guess I'll have to shorten the description.