jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What is the protocol?

1. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I have a hub I want to write and have found some other hubs that I would like to include links to within that hub. What is the protocol in doing this? Should I first contact the hubber to see if they agree to it?

2. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

It would be nice smile

Most hubbers would probably be grateful for the link, but I guess you never know.

3. 0

That is pretty much what I was thinking but some don't like getting email either, go figure.

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I would be very happy to have something I wrote linked in another hub, is a great compliment and might help my traffic out!

1. 0
      lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL, I just sent you an email as yours was one of the ones I had selected.

5. Helen Cater profile image59
    Helen Caterposted 6 years ago

I think any one would be proud to have a link in your hub as it helps all round.

6. 0

Thanks Helen! I've got you pegged too for a later hub.

7. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

If you're linking to them in a list of useful resources or within a slab of original text that you have written, I'd just do it. I'd just do it and not mention it.

If they find it later on it's a nice surprise. If they don't like it, well unless it's a derogatory statement, they're being a bit silly about it.

1. 0
      lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like your thinking on this Darkside. It definitely wouldn't be a derogatory statement as I think it is kind of a way to give back to the community at large.

Misha I really like the new avi and thanks for weighing in on this one. It's something I want to try to start incorporating more of in my hubs.

K Partin also good to hear from you on this.

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

You are doing them a favor linking to their hubs. smile

1. K Partin profile image59
      K Partinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, I think most hubbers would welcome it.  smile