jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

change in hubpages google ad positions and ad formats

1. ramesh profile image60
    rameshposted 8 years ago

i think the hubpages team has changed the present ad positions to a new looking efficient ad position system.. i observed few hubs with rectangle ads & vertical banners coming in between the text and photo capsules.. which is one of the best performing position for any article on the net...

i think this system is presently in testing stage only.. but once the results are better than the previous hubpages team may continue this new look..ny ways i like the present rectangle ad format they are testing .. i think it 'll defintely increase the adsense ctr on hubpages...

2. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

I can only speak for myself, but my ad revenue today, in a single day, more than doubled everything I've earned so far.  (which wasn't too much to begin with, but hey, I can get really excited about $3 bucks)

3. ramesh profile image60
    rameshposted 8 years ago

yeah i too saw a jump in adsense ctr on hubpages today ...there's nearly a 30% increase in my average ctr for the past few weeks.. but i think some of the new ad positions are limited to only hubpages share of impressions (like the 300x250 rectangle ad) ..the hubbers share only has vertical skyscrapers and vertical banners(160x600 skyscraper & 120x 200 link units only )...
    paul, can you tell us more about these new ad formats..

4. Hovalis profile image88
    Hovalisposted 8 years ago

Mine is the same as it has been. I've had no increase in the CTR at all. Le sigh.

5. libra profile image61
    libraposted 8 years ago

I had  given up on Hubpages as far as revenue is concerned, but today there were a couple of clicks, to my great astonishment.

So perhaps the new ad design and placement are having some effect. I hadn't noticed this - thanks for pointing it out.